/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

Regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

IDoc packaging is a technique used to generate, for example, many IDocs from a unique source structure as an XML document.

In the Message Mapping you can use an External Definitions as Message Type instead of the SAP imported IDoc Message Type. This external definition is the same of the IDoc Message Type, but it has a different occurrence proprierty of the field IDOC. The occurrence will be 1...unbounded instead of 1..1. Next, it is important to use the real SAP imported IDoc Message Type in the Interface Mapping component.

Gabriele. (Give me points please if my answer is right! Thanks!)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

Consider a file to IDOC scnario, where 1 file will contain multiple IDOCs.So, you need to send these multiple IDOC s to R3 system.

Now, one way would be to use a BPM, but a better way is to use the PACKAGINg where these multiple IDOCs are packaged as one IDOC and then on R3 , there are unpacked into multiple IDOCs.

Wondering how to do this. it is simple. Just check this note on service marketplace, 814393.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh Kantilal,

<b>1 file will contain multiple IDOCs</b> by this u mean that <b>1 file will contain data corresponding or data to be inserted into multiple IDOCs.</b>

Please tell me if I am wrong.

-Naveen.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Naveen,

<i>1 file will contain multiple IDOCs by this u mean that 1 file will contain data corresponding or data to be inserted into multiple IDOCs.</i>

It means one file will have corresponding data to create multiple Idocs.

For e.g You have a file like this.

Header,1,2

Item,hello,...

Item,kitti....

Item,...

In this file you have one header, and mulitple Line Items. But business requirement is to post the mulitple idocs for each occurence of "Item". That means , you are posting multiple idocs of same Idoc type from one file.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy