Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Insert userfield to usertable together

Hello:

I am doing an create usertableMD and then create userfieldMD to this usertableMD thing! I read through a lot of very helpful replys all the way from 2004. And got it working finally! However now I have another problem. user table is very quickly created and seems ok.. However for some reason 1 minute after the process starts. A prompt will come up saying "The data structure has been modified, in order to resume the process, all open window will be closed, Continue??".. However if I go through debug and do this line by line. This prompt comes up immediately after all the field are done. I don't understand it, but how can I let it come up faster? or how to eventhandle it to make it go away? Anyone seen that problem before?

Also, the table has 10 userfield...

Former Member
replied

Hi,

The prompt you mention is a standard SBO feature and I don't think you can turn it off. It's there to try and avoid data corruption issues if users are entering data in the system when the database schema changes. It will appear on all active workstations.

I don't understand why you are getting a sizeable time difference between when you create a new object in the database and the warning (which normally appears 5-10 seconds after adding a new table or field). Typically, changes to the database are made when new add-ons or upgrades are installed or during a scheduled maintenance so this prompt box is not a problem as the user accepts the warning once the database changes have been made.

Could you provide more details as to why this prompt is a problem for you?

Kind Regards,

Owen

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question