Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you show a Loading Message at Application Start

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Let me first start off by saying that I was not quite sure if this message should be in the Abap Web Dynpro forum or a Portal forum. I have seen variations of this message with similar posts but no real solution (at least not that I could find).

The issue that we are encountering is that no loading message is being displayed when we have an Abap Web Dynpro Application that is loading in a Portal iView. For example, we have some Abap Web Dynpros that may take approx. 30 seconds to load. No loading message is being sent to the the user via the Portal iView to inform the user that the page is being loaded, thus the user generally things that something is wrong or nothing will be displayed.

I have reviewed the configuration of the iView and all seems to be correct. The Show Loading Message property is set to 'Yes' for example. Does anyone know of a solution on the Abap Web Dynpro side (or the Portal if possible) which will show a message to the user if the application is loading? Possibly something like "Page is loading. Please Wait..."?

Best Regards,

Scott

Edited by: Scott Hardin on Jun 12, 2009 5:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a simmilar requirement once, i also had to display some meaningful message with the busy mode icon, but i guess that comes directly from the WD Framework and is not possible to be changed. Refer the following thread, i raised that time.

Dont have much idea if somethig exists in portal for this.

Regards,

Runal

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Runal,

Thank you for the response. If you do not mind, will you check the url of the thread you provided? It does not seem to direct to any specific thread. It only directs to the Web Dynpro Abap user forum. Will you repost the url the your thread into this thread?

Best Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This link should point to the thread i am refering to.

Regards,

Runal

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Runal,

Thank you for the reply. You are correct in that the response to the question that you previously raised is not really answered.

Does anyone have any idea how to raise a loading message in either the Abap WD or Portal Abap Web Dynpro iView?

Best Regards,

Scott