cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM deployment authorization error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just installed the current (SP 16) edition of Sneak Preview Web AS Java. Thanks to postings in this forum, I worked my way through a MaxDB problem during the install (had to download and use version 7.5) and post-install problems with the Administrator account & pw and with resetting the SDM password (back to "sdm").

I am trying to redeploy applications previously successfully deployed to multiple SAP systems. I was able to redeploy my Data Dictionary .SDA's but when deploying J2EE .EAR files I get the SDM java.rmi.remoteException error "Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation". I get this with applications built outside of NWDI and with applications built with NWDI, when deploying from NWDS and when deploying directly from SDM.

This is a new one one me. Help, anyone?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Randy

Please check whether you are deploying with admin user while using NWDI/SDM. Please check if the user has been locked . If not try changing the password of the admin user and try again

What does this statement mean . would be great if you elaborate a bit on " I get this with applications <b>built outside of NWDI and with applications built with NWDI</b>, when deploying from NWDS and when deploying directly from SDM"

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I don't understand what you mean by "deploying with admin user while using NWDI/SDM". SDM does the deployment. When I deploy from NWDS, I just have to supply the SDM password. Where does the concept of an administrative user come in to play? The error message returned from SDM ("Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation") seems to suggest that SDM itself is not authorized to perform the operation. But there's no SDM user in UME. I don't get it.

What I meant by "I get this with application ... from SDM" is that I get this SDM deployment error with any .EAR file, regardless of whether I am deploying it from within NWDS or directly from the SDM remotegui and regardless of whether I created the .EAR as a normal Eclipse/NWDS project or as a NWDI project. I was just trying to remove extraneous variables from the equation.

(Incidentally, I meant to post this in the Web AS Preview Installation forum, not the Web AS General forum. I guess it was a long day.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also faced the same problem. Assigning group "Administrators" to userId "admin" through User Management Admin Console resolved this issue for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, that worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I keep getting login errors within SDM. This is the NW Sp16 sneak preview. I tried putting "admin" account in Administrators group. Keep getting the same errors. Here is the log from SDM. Any ideas?

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:48 PM Info: ===============================================

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:48 PM Info: = Starting to execute command 'remotegui' =

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:48 PM Info: ===============================================

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:49 PM Info: SDM started successfully.

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:57 PM Info: Opened client connection to JBS109.clorox.com (IP address JBS109.xxxxxx.com/168.xxx.xxx.xxx, remote port 2766)

Apr 30, 2006 7:46:57 PM Info: Request for Logon as admin accepted

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:29 PM Info: Starting: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'tc/smd/agent/application/database'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.4016.00.0000.20060220112331.0000' will be deployed.

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:29 PM Info: SDA to be deployed: D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\tc\smd\agent\application\database\SAP AG\6.4016.00.0000.20060220112331.0000\sap.comtcsmdagentapplication~database.ear

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:29 PM Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:29 PM Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:30 PM Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:30 PM Error: Aborted: development component 'tc/smd/agent/application/database'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'6.4016.00.0000.20060220112331.0000':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [JBS109] with user name: [admin]

Check your login information.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Apr 30, 2006 7:48:33 PM Info: J2EE Engine is in same state (online/offline) as it has been before this deployment process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer in SAPNOTE 756084:

"the most likely reason is that you have CreateTicketLoginModule in the service.naming authentication stack. A solution prescribed by Security Team is to go to Visual Admin > Security Provider > service.naming.

Select NO for authentication template. Remove CreateTicketLoginModule. (This login module can be used only by web applications.)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no user id 'admin'. Can you please advise what do you mean. Thanks.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also this problem. If I try to remove the login module I get the error:

"Unable to remove login module! Details are available in the status bar."

But the status bar displays only: "Unable to remove login module!"

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

1. Open Visual Adminstrator

2. Go to Server <..>

-> Services

-> Security Provider

3. Open Tab User Management

You can search after user admin or click the tab at the bottom "tree": Here you can see the group "Adminstrators". If you expand it you see all group members.

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you get the answer for your question, If so could you please let me know what's the procedure for deploying the same?

thanks

Venkata