cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending message to Multiple receivers in queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to send a message to multiple receivers simultaneously and the message should be sent in queue to each receiver. Can you please suggest what is the best way to configure this scenario.

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay and Smitha,

The messages are processing in sequence in outbound queue. For example I have tow receivers R1 & R2 and If I am sending MSG1 and MSG2 then two queue ID's are created for each receiver, say, Q1 and Q2 . So Receiver R1 is getting messages MSG1 and MSG2 in queue Q1, and Receiver R2 is getting messages MSG1 and MSG2 in queue Q2. This is working fine. But R1 has some problem then Q1 should stop and Queue Q2 should deliver the messages to receiver R2 as it is fine. But both Q1 and Q2 are stuck.

How to set the receiver Adapter in EO. We have this option only for sender adapter. I don't find any place in receiver SOAP adapter to set this.

I can only use ASYNCH as Synch won't process the msgs sequentially.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I havent worked too much with queues, so i don't think i could be of much help.

Check this link.Hope it is of some help to you.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cf/7d534269a81218e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cf/7d534269a81218e10000000a155106/frameset.htm</a>

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot friends for your responses.

Actually I have already set the multiple receivers in receiver determination using condition. I am using a Sender file adapter with QOS EOIO and given a queue name to process the messages in sequence to each receiver in asyn mode. But if all the receivers are connected properly then the messages are transmitted correctly but if there are any problem with one receiver then the messages to all the receivers are stuck and getting into HOLDING status. I am using a soap adapter for the receiver side and if the URL is not correct then everything getting hold. Ideally the messages should deliver to all other receivers except the one, which has a problem.

Is there any other way of achieving this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jay,

Please can you check if the messages are getting processed in the same queue towards the outbound side.

Try making the adapters on the receiver side EO. I think if they are still following the EOIO path on the receiver side the queue is getting blocked.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The messages in the queue are not going to be executed until the first message has been successfully executed and commited in the database.

The second message in the queue begins execution only when the first message is successfully persisted in the receiver application system. If there is an error, the rest of the messages are not executed.

Try using sync mode. (best effort)

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To send a message to multiple receivers simultaneously you just need to specify the receivers in the configured receivers section of receiver determination.

Any messages that are moving out of xi are queued and only then sent.

So, there is no special setting that you need to do.

Regards,

Smitha.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to sent the message to multipel recivers, while doing receiver dtermination , just give the RECEIVERS as the multiple Recivers and leave the condition as BLANK and your message will be sent to multiple recivers simultaneously.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to send the data to multiple receivers depending on the certain conditions than following is a good read,

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Thanks,

Prateek