cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM email to Current Processor when status changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 (ST18). I am trying to configure the PPF to email the current processor of a Normal Correction when either the status of the correction changes or when the current processor changes (To send the email only once when the status changes or current processor changes). I have defined the Action Profile, Actions and Start Condition per note 691303 under the ActionProfile SDMI_ACTIONS and using PartnerFunction SDCD0004 (Current Processor) for the Partner Determination. My start condition is as follows:

&CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0001SDMIHEAD

or &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0002SDMIHEAD

or &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0004SDMIHEAD

or &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0006SDMIHEAD

or &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0009SDMIHEAD

or &CRM Service Process.User Status& = E0010SDMIHEAD

WIth this configuration I was able to send the email as expected except that it would only send one email if Action Merging were set to any of the "Max 1" settings or it would send an email every time the correction document was saved if the 'Delete After Processing' flag is set.

I next cam across note 865619, implemented the attached code, created the two parameters STATUS_IS_NEW and STATUS_TABLE and changed the start condition to:

&STATUS_IS_NEW& = X

For the status table I enter the following values:

E0001

E0002

E0004

E0006

E0009

E0010

Aftter changing to this configuration I am not able to get the email to send at all. When my correction document is created I can see my 'SEND_EMAIL' action but it does not seem to be executed even though the status of my correction document has changed from 'Created (E0001)' to 'In Development (E0002)'

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem may be?

PS. I saw a thead that suggested I put brackets aorund the start condition. I tried this but it still did not work. I also understand that if I want the email to be sent if only the current processor is changed then I would need to modify the method from note 865619. Is this correct?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Joe Hall

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

in our company we use 2 different actions (content and distribution is different)

- one for processor change

- one for status change

we use a badi condition with return code 0 when condition is met (what ever you like to check) and this is working fine. The action is triggered directly by this condition.

best regards

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

in the past I had almost the same problem. I could get it run when using one status value in STATUS_TABLE only. For me it did not work using multiple status values (even this was mentioned in the note).

Try using only one status value. If this works, just schedule the action several times using one status each.

You may also have a look at note 1275036. (Did not check if this one will work with multiple status values).

It works great for single values.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Joe,

>

> in the past I had almost the same problem. I could get it run when using one status value in STATUS_TABLE only. For me it did not work using multiple status values (even this was mentioned in the note).

>

> Try using only one status value. If this works, just schedule the action several times using one status each.

>

> You may also have a look at note 1275036. (Did not check if this one will work with multiple status values).

> It works great for single values.

>

> /cheers

Hi Kristian,

I've implement note 1275036 successfully (badi implementatio) but still in my ZDMJ action profile nothing happening, but in the actions log of ZDMJ transaction type there is a log related to corresponding email actions : condition is not fulfilled ? therefore email is not triggered!

I followed all note instructions and in the Schedule Actions tab I created actions:

- Email should be triggered when user status is E0002 (In development) therefore I put Initial value: of the Element: USER_STATUS to E0002 to triggers email every time when ZDMJ reach this status.

Also It will not work if I will use only one status value, like you stated in the above quoted text!

Would you be so kind and suggest what to check or read, I have SOLLMAN EHP1 SP18!

rgds

Boris Milosevic

Edited by: Boris Milosevic on Oct 26, 2009 7:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

please be sure that the person who puts the message "in Developement" is different to the person who will receive the email.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristian,

Change manager role is the person who change status from E0001 to E0002 in ZDMJ. And current processor (SDCD0004) is developer.

Still nothing??

rgds

BM