cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Printing

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a MII process that requires some label printing. Since, we could find any standard way to print in MII we created the following solution in MII Unix environment:

We created some LPD queues on our Unix system. Those queues are remote directed to a SAPSPrint Server.

So, from MII, our developers make a call to unix lp command in order to send the required documents to some printers.

Is this the best solution for that?

Regards,

Rene Machado

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I'm also trying to print label with MII. I think I could do it in an acceptable way if I could run a DOS command from an MII transaction. Is there any action block available for that? What would be the development effort for such a custom action block?

Regards,

Aymeric de l'Hermuziere

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene,

When I print a solution to use the network printer path and develop a transaction with an action block that saves the file to print the path of the network printer.

Let me know if this helps on something.

Danilo

0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

This solution should work on Windows environment. In fact someone else suggested me that. The problem is that from Unix systems we are not able to access netbios shares. That is the reason why we developed a solution based on LPD queues.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Rene Machado