cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Certificate Not Available

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

Please note - I opened an OSS message to with the same question, but I thought someone on here might've seen this before.

Hello,

I'm trying to get a maintenance certificate for our development ERP system. When I

got into service.sap.com/licensekey to request it, there's a row for

maintenance key already, but no date and the status is 'not available.' How do

I get a maintenance certificate in this situation? Last time I requested

one (for a different system), I don't remember it already being listed and red.

I tried to highlight it, click 'renew maintenance certificate(s)' -> continue -> verify email address -> submit. I get the following confirmation message:

Your request has been successfully submitted.

You will receive an email with your license key information.

You may also download the license key from the system overview.

It hasn't arrived in email, it's been more than three hours. If I try to going in to download it, I'm back to the row entry 'not available' and red circle.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

~TJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will select the system where maintenance licenses is requested earlier..then select that and clieck on display license script and when it will dispaly license script then there is a button download to local PC from there you can download directly...

I think it will clear now..if you have any other problem please let me know...

Thanks

sunny

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

I appreciate the response, but I cannot download it as it does not show up. There's just a red circle and it says the certificate is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Did you eventually figure out your problem? I am upgrade my BW development system and went to apply maintenance certificate and found out this license type is NOT under license type anymore! Which was there last month when I upgraded my sandbox BWS! How do I get my maintenance certificate for my development system?

Please help if you had work around or something...

Yujun Ran

tj_wilkinson2
Participant
0 Kudos

My problem was that SAP's license system, via the Service Marketplace, was broken. Once they fixed that, I was able to get my certificate. Please ensure you're system is stored as the proper type in the system data. I think the maintenance certificates are only applicable to certain systems - Netweaver 7.0 certainly. I'm not sure about Netweaver 640.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please find the FAQ on maintenance certificates below:

Frequently Asked Questions on Maintenance Certificate

Questions

What is a Maintenance Certificate?

When will a Maintenance Certificate be required by SAP's software logistics tools?

Which SAP products require a Maintenance Certificate?

How long is the validity of a Maintenance Certificate?

Which options for the deployment are available?

Which version of SAP Solution Manager will be required to benefit from automatic deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Is a network connection (RFC) from SAP Solution Manager to SAP's Service Backbone required to use automatic deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Is it required to use SAP Solution Manager for the deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Does the automatic deployment through SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ensure that a new Maintenance Certificate is applied before the end of validity of the current certificate has been reached?

Do I have to install a SAP Solution Manager just to use Maintenance Certificates?

How can I request a Maintenance Certificate manually?

How can I check the Maintenance coverage of a System?

Is a maintenance certificate required during the installation?

Is a Maintenance Certificate required during an upgrade?

How can I check the successful deployment of a Maintenance Certificate?

Can Service Partners use their SAP Solution Manager for automated deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Do I have to download SPs separately for all my systems?

Is the usage of SLM service within Maintenance Optimizer required?

Answers

What is a Maintenance Certificate?

The Maintenance Certificate enables SAP's software logistics tools (like SPAM, SAINT, JSPM,u2026) to identify your system and the exact scope of your corresponding SAP maintenance agreement. It ensures that only customers with a valid maintenance contract can apply Support Packages. As of January '09 software logistics tools will only apply maintenance items if a valid Maintenance Certificate is available.

When will a Maintenance Certificate be required by SAP's software logistics tools?

Maintenance Certificate will be required for all customers as of January '09.

Details:

As of SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 the Maintenance Certificate will be required to import support packages. SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 will be released in January u201909.

All support packages released in 2008 can be applied using a SPAM/SAINT- version prior to version 0034 and therefore do not require a Maintenance Certificate. Hence, when using SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 or higher version, all support packages require a valid Maintenance Certificate in order to be imported.

Java support packages (imported using JSPM) will require a Maintenance Certificate in the near future. Currently a warning is displayed.

Which SAP products require a Maintenance Certificate?

All SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and beyond require a Maintenance Certificate.

How long is the validity of a Maintenance Certificate?

Maintenance Certificate has a validity of 3 months. You then have to renew it.

Which options for the deployment are available?

In order to minimize the effort for customers an automated deployment for Maintenance Certificate via SAP Solution Manager 7.0 is offered. In addition a manual deployment option will be available via SAP Support Portal.

Which version of SAP Solution Manager will be required to benefit from automatic deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP 16 will be required to benefit from automatic deployment. See details here.

Is a network connection (RFC) from SAP Solution Manager to SAP's Service Backbone required to use automatic deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Yes, SAP Solution Manager requires a connection to SAP as well as a connection to the satellite systems in order to use automatic deployment.

Is it required to use SAP Solution Manager for the deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

No, the automated deployment option is recommended but not required. It is possible to use automatic deployment for some systems and manual deployment for other systems.

Does the automatic deployment through SAP Solution Manager 7.0 ensure that a new Maintenance Certificate is applied before the end of validity of the current certificate has been reached?

Yes, SAP Solution Manager will request a new Maintenance Certificate 30 days (can be customized) before of end of validity of an existing certificate.

Do I have to install a SAP Solution Manager just to use Maintenance Certificates?

No, this is not required. You can use the manual deployment option.

How can I request a Maintenance Certificate manually?

A self-service ia availbale in SAP Support Portal, which enables you to request Maintenance Certificates for all systems. The Maintenance Certificate has to be downloaded, distributed to the server and imported manually. See details here.

How can I check the Maintenance coverage of a System?

The Maintenance coverage will be visible in SAP Support Portal in System Data (available as of May '08).

Is a maintenance certificate required during the installation?

During the installation, there is no step to import Support Packages, therefore the Maintenance Certificate is not checked. Afterwards, when applying Support Packages, it's required announced.

Is a Maintenance Certificate required during an upgrade?

During the upgrade no Maintenance Certificate is required. This allows for example an easy upgrade from 4.6c to current releases and include Support Packages.

How can I check the successful deployment of a Maintenance Certificate?

In the relevant system, run transaction SLICENSE, Choose button "New Licenses" (to switch to the display of "Digitally-Signed License Keys").

Then check, whether an additional license key is visible with:

Software Product : "Maintenance_" in column "Sware Prod" (DE: "SW-Produkt")

Valid from: "date when the Maintenance Certificate was requested"

Valid until: date of request + approx. 3 months

Can Service Partners use their SAP Solution Manager for automated deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

Yes, with (SPS 16) SAP Solution Manager will be prepared to serve several customers. In addition please apply SAP Note 1229904 - Maintenance certificate distribution for service provider.

Do I have to download SPs separately for all my systems?

No, this is not required. As today you can download Support Packages once and deploy and use them in many systems.

Is the usage of SLM service within Maintenance Optimizer required?

No, the usage is optional.

also check with the note 1240265, this also has handful information.

Regards,

Pavan