cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Universe takes long time on BW Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'm trying to create my universe on BW Query and it is taking long time to open. When I parse my objects also it atleast takes 20 minutes to parse one object. The same thing happens from WebIntelligence also. When I export this universe and create a Web Intelligence query and run the report it takes atleast 15 minutes to show the data though data is very less. Any ideas on how to improve this performance.

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

which version of the BusinessObjects software are you using ?

any variables with Default values involved ?

thanks

ing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I'm on BO XI 3.1, have installed SAP Integration Kit. I tried creating a universe with other BW queries and there is no performance effect on them. But there are few queries which when I use take like 20-30 minutes to show the universe and the same case while running a report.

There are variables with default values involved in both the cases. So I doubt if that could be the reason. Any other possible reasons??

Regards,

Vijay

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I would assume the queries where it takes longer are queries that contain variables with default values. You should apply FixPack 1.6 (thats the latest) on to your BusinessObjects deployment (client and server) and that should resolve the problem.

If that is right now not an option you can remove the default value from the variable in the BW query Designer.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thank you for your comments. Is it the SAP Integration Kit FP1.6 are you talking about? If yes, then I was able to install it on the server but I don't have SAP Integration kit installed in the client system. Why would I need to install SAP Integration on client as I'm using my server CMS Name to connect to server and once it has the necessary components isn't that good enough?

I tried creating a report and the performance did improve just by installing it on the server. But if I just pull any one object in WebI I receive the below error when answering one of the prompts

A database error occured. The database error text is: . (WIS 10901)

When I click on help the cause and action are as below

Cause

The database that provides the data to this document has generated an error. Details about the error are provided in the section of the message indicated by the field code: .

Action

Contact your BusinessObjects administrator with the error message information or consult the documentation provided by the supplier of the database.

Regards,

Vijay

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vijay,

download the ZIP file form the link:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=FZ23E6HT68SS7T5T6XIZT7ILGKCDJPHE2OIWO8JDN0SSZK...

Unzip it, merge the registry on your Businessobjects Server.

then you need to restart the services for Web Intelligence or just restart the Server Intelligent Agent.

After that try to build your Web Intelligence report. You should find 2 log files (MDX and SOFA) directly on the root of drive c:\

post the logfiles as attachments here

regards

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Below is the link to download the SOFA log file. I did not find MDX log file when I'm creating this report.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/cmcyQ3R6RndCTWtLSkE9PQ

Let me know if this would help.

Regards,

Vijay