cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert ,

I need to display the particular records one by one in the message manager from table, while i am doing this one it will through the dump like the below,

Type conflict at call of a method.

what should i do for this one .

The below is my code

loop at lv_question into wa_question.

• report message

call method l_message_manager->report_success

exporting

message_text = wa_question-qtext.

endloop.

Regards

Sankar.M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The message_text parameter of the report_success method accepts a type of CSEQUENCE. This should allow for STRINGS or Character based fields. What is the data type on wa_question-qtext? Assuming that this is actually the block of code triggering the dump, then this error would indicate that wa_question-qtext doesn't match the generic specifications of CSEQUENCE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wa_question-qtext

type:

CHAR255

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure that is really the location producing the short dump? CHAR255 would seem that is should work with CSEQUENCE. Try moving the field to a STRING variable and passing that into the method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Im sure that one is char255

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No one questioned if that field was really CHAR255. I questioned if that is really the block of code producing the dump. One or other doesn't seem possible given the error message you provided.

That said, have you tried the suggested work around of moving the field to a string and passing the string into the method?

Answers (0)