Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User IDs and their email addresses

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to correct the email addresses of each user master record present in the system .Is there a table which contains the User IDs present in the system along with their corresponding email addresses( the field mentioned as Internet Mail in the Address Tab of SU01) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Join tables USR21 and ADR6 on PERSNUMBER to get the email address of users.

You cannot update the email address here though.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member

Join tables USR21 and ADR6 on PERSNUMBER to get the email address of users.

You cannot update the email address here though.

0 Kudos

Can I get the User Name ( First Name & Last Name ) here along with the actual User ID ( Person No is some number and not the ID )

0 Kudos

USR21 has User ID & PERSNUMBER

ADR6 has Email address & PERSNUMBER

ADRP has First/Last Name & PERSNUMBER

So the key here is PERSNUMBER. Join this table on key PERSNUMBER and you will get

User ID, First/Last Name & Email address.

0 Kudos

ThankYou all for the quick solution provided .

Thanks,

Tarun

0 Kudos

If you want to be able to use this release independently on other systems and again in future, please take a moment to consider the BAPI option.

Cheers,

Julius

Hank
Explorer

Table join adr6 with usr21 to find the info you require, but I would run a catt script to correct all the address.. via su01

sapsec-HB

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have to correct the email addresses of each user master record present in the system .Is there a table which contains the User IDs present in the system along with their corresponding email addresses( the field mentioned as Internet Mail in the Address Tab of SU01) ?

Try this. Sorry if it's not detailed enough

1. Go to transaction SQVI.

2. In the input field Quick View give the any name for query for example Z_EMAIL_ADD.

3. Choose create option. In the resulting pop up give description in Title field. In data source choose TABLE JOIN. Select Basis mode.

4. In the next screen choose INSERT TABLE pushbutton and in the pop up give USR21. Then again choose INSERT TABLE pushbutton and this time give ADR6.

5. Now go back using back arrow or F3.

6. Now in the new screen you will be under the tab strip List fld select.. From that entries under available filed (on right hand side) select User name in user master record and the first entry for Internet mail (SMTP) address. Now using single arrow pushbutton pointing towards left move these fields to tabstrip List fld select.

7. Now go to tabstrip selection filed. As done in step 6 move User name in user master record under it.

8. Save the changes and go back. A pop up will come asking you to save quick view Z_EMAIL_ADD. Choose yes.

9. Now execute the query. In the input field you can give one user or multiple users at a given time.

This approach is easier and time saving in my opinion and gives output in desirable format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure there is a BAPI for this...

Note that specifically for address data, there were some changes and depending on your release you might not be looking at the correct table field.

Try transaction BAPI or SE37 to look for BAPIUSERLIST* which will do all the hard and error prone work for you.

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use two tables.

1. USER_ADDRP to get the details of Person number against the user id (you will get the last name and first name also from this)

2. Put the Person number in the Table ADR6 and get the details of INT email addresses (Internet Email address).

You can merge the table contents in excel or through SQVI.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If You got lot of users to maintain, You probably can try using program RSADRCK7(I never used). which would update your email addresses for everybody on the system with Firstname.lastname@ companydomain(if your company follows this pattern for email addresses.

if your company follows userID@companydomain, you can select'user names' and run the program.

checkout 496819 and104263 sapnotes.

I did use Z_OSSNOTE_496819 for mass updatiung the communication method. but I din't use RSADRCK7. this program got a test run. probably if you can do some testing and if it looks like it serves ur purpose, You probably can use it and get it done in one click.

0 Kudos

hmmm.... RSADRCK7 is used together with Note correction 104263. But before that you need to apply the note 496819. It changes the Communication method (table TSAC) of users from RML to INT. After that RSADRCK7 is applicable. But you also need to take care of the release version of SAP_APPL & SAP_BASIS. I already applied them (except using RSADRCK7 as not needed).

Regards,

Dipanjan