cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver MI 7.1 Queries

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a few queries for which I could not find a answer that is satisfactory. I have posted them below; appreciate if anyone can share some inputs on this.

1. Can the DOE Server push the data to the mobile client and the mobile can view this without the need to perform a manual SYNC?

2. Can we set the rate for SYNC (automatic / frequency) based on which the device can sync the data periodically?

3. How to handle attachments in mobile handhelds (Mobile <-> NW MI Server <-> Backend)?

Thanking you so much in advance.

Regards, Kathirvel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Please find the answers below.

1. Can the DOE Server push the data to the mobile client and the mobile can view this without the need to perform a manual SYNC?

No. This is not supported in Mobile 7.1 . Client has to sync with DOE to fetch the data from DOE.

2. Can we set the rate for SYNC (automatic / frequency) based on which the device can sync the data periodically?

Yes. It can be done using the background sync feature of mobile client.

You have to use following configuration properties.

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.bgsync.enabled=true

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.bgsync.interval=<interval in seconds>

Also, make sure your sync password and the local password are one and same.

Because background sync uses the local logon credentials to sync.

3. How to handle attachments in mobile handhelds (Mobile <-> NW MI Server <-> Backend)?

I think laxmi already already has provided the link to you for the same.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Edited by: Abhijit Suresh Shingate on Jun 12, 2009 10:51 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I added the below values in configuration.properties file.

com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.bgsync.enabled=true
com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.bgsync.interval=30

But even then my default emulator in NWDS is not performing an automatic sync. I waited for sufficient time (although sync rate = 30 secs), but the data is not synchronised automatically.

BTW i have the same passwords for sync & logon as suggested.

Could you please suggest?

Regards, Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

1. Please just check if your login password is the same as your sync password.

2. Also do check in the "Device Adminsitration Portal" for your device, whether the last sync timing is getting updated corresspondingly.

Thanks,

Swarna

0 Kudos

Swarna,

1. They are the same. But do i need to maintain that in config.properties file?

2. I can see the data in the outbound queue, but the mobile did not perform an auto sync.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

The background sync is only supported for LAPTOP and not for PDA.

Hence it will not work on Emulator.

For PDA there is not feature that will do the sync automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kranti_khilari
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your first question:

The data that is intended for a mobile client device, can be viewed in XML format, without syncing from the client. The data will be available in the Outbound Queue of the device (provided that the extracts were triggered explicitly if the corresponding Data Objects are not configured for Synchronous Extract). The outbound queue details can be seen for a device from the Device Administration page within the NW Admin Portal.

Thanks,

Kranti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

As Abhijit mentioned, for the mobile client that SAP ships , its always a pull mechanism when device syncs.It involves also a push of this data till the device outbound queue and when client syncs, the data is pulled only from the outbound queue of each device.

Just to give more hints on what is in stock from DOE in near future in the lines of a complete push of data till the receiver (it could be another server, a different client framework) where there is scope for the actual payload or data to be pushed to a url. Currently these capabilities are being used as part of joint application development between SAP and partners like RIM and Sybase for applications on smartphone devices.

Regards,

Liji

0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

For attachment handling ,you can also refer the below given link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/uploadingAttachments-NetweaverMobile7.1

Regards,

Suma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding attachmens , you can refer following link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/createapplicationsusingBinaryMemoandTextMemoinNetweaverMobile+7.1

The other two question ..i am not too sure

Regards,

Lakshmi