Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error while performing basic settings SOLMAN 4.0 SP12

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently facing a problem while performing Solution Manager 4.0 (SP12) basic configurations through the IMG Wizard. Within the "Initial Configuration Part I" section, an error while connecting to SAP is obtained (This is the full error message "Error creating communication to SAP Service and Support"). After checking at TX SM59, it was noticed that the RFC connections SAP-OSS y SAP-OSS-LIST-O01 (what are supposed to be created in previous steps by copying SAPOSS connection) were no created. We created them both manually (also tested) and everything was ok. We started the Wizard again, and the same error was obtained. However, it was noticed that the SAP-OSS RFC connection had been deleted. The system log shows the following:

00789 - Dialog work process No. 000 - XXXXXX - EQUIPO - 1 - SM_CONFIG_WZ - M_CONFIG_WZ_START - T - Transaction Problem - STSK

The same scenario occurs every time the above wizard is used.

It worth to mention that the SAPOSS connection works fine and also, just to perform a test, I was able to download a note correction through the SNOTE transaction.

Where should I check to see what is causing this connection error? Do I missing a previous configuration step?

Also, would be very helpful for us to get an step by step reference guide for SM configuration. We want to be sure we are no missing or mixed up anything.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We are currently facing a problem while performing Solution Manager 4.0 (SP12) basic configurations through the IMG Wizard.

Why do you start configuration for SP12, although most current version is SolMan 7.0 EhP1 SPS19?

What scenarios / functions are you planning to use?

Best regards,

Ruediger