cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - XI Mapping Out Of Memory Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am processing a 8 MB flat file which after content conversion blows up to a 33 MB file in XI. I have a Mapping program developed using the Graphical Mapping tool of XI. During the message processing i keep seeing the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when i view the error in SXMB_MONI as well as the logs.

I have been reading the XI Tuning Guide as well as the J2EE tuning guide. Has anyone fixed a similar issue and can point me to the correct parameters to change in order to fix this error? I don't have time to change parameters by trial and error. I need specific answers to fix this issue urgently.

Currently we are on XI 3.0 SP15 and all the parameters are the default setup as per the XI installation.

Answers will be sincerely rewarded.

Thanks for your time.

-Hashim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to increase the Java Heap Memory size.

Just Check this SAP Note - 883444, 874123, 862405, 760721

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the existing parameters for our XI box. I do see the Server heap size as 1024, do I need to increase the dispatcher heap size as well? Also, do you see any other parameters that I need to change?

Sravya, I totally agree with the ABAP Mapping suggestion but as of now I have to get this to work, in future I will change this to use ABAP mapping.

<u><b>Dispatcher</b></u>

MaxHeapSize: 170

JavaParameters:

-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Djco.jarm=1 -XX:NewSize=28m -XX:MaxNewSize=28m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Drdbms.driverLocation=/oracle/XXX/920_64/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar -Dsys.global.dir=/usr/sap/XXX/SYS/global/

<u><b>Server</b></u>

MaxHeapSize: 1024

Java Parameters:

-XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -Djco.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:NewSize=170m -XX:MaxNewSize=170m -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:PermSize=192m -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -Xms1024m -verbose:gc -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:UseParNewGC -Drdbms.driverLocation=/oracle/XXX/920_64/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar -Dsys.global.dir=/usr/sap/XXX/SYS/global/

Thanks,

Hashim

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to go for abap mapping for huge files.It is performance effective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is thrown when the Java Virtual Machine cannot allocate an object because it is out of memory, and no more memory could be made available by the garbage collector.

Try increasin the heap size as Moorthy said.

Regards,

Smitha.