Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading GIF file for screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I need to upload a GIF file into SAP to display on a custom screen. How do I do this? We're on R/3 4.6C. I tried to create a new object in the web repository (through t-code SMW0), since I've been able to display other GIF files from there on my screen; but I keep getting an error. The error is "No MIME type assigned to object" (followed by my file name). If I go to Settings --> Maintain MIME types, the only one that shows up is text/html. Do I need to upload through some other transaction instead? Or am I missing a step somewhere when I try to create my object in the repository?

Another possible solution: I was able to upload a BMP file through SAPscript graphics management, but I don't know how to reference those graphics files in my screen code.

Thanks,

April King

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction OAER can be used to create PICTURES.

Run transaction OAER with class name = PICTURES, Class type = OT, and Object key with whatever name you want to create. In the next screen, right clicking on screen and import.

4 REPLIES 4

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transaction OAER can be used to create PICTURES.

Run transaction OAER with class name = PICTURES, Class type = OT, and Object key with whatever name you want to create. In the next screen, right clicking on screen and import.

0 Kudos

Thanks! It appears that this would work if I had the correct authorizations. I can get all the way to where it should be uploading the file, and then I get the message "User is not authorized for this action". So I'll have to check with my manager to see if I can get my authorization changed. Thanks for the very quick response!

- April

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMW0 - upload the file in Binary data format.

0 Kudos

Thanks, but that's what I already tried (I probably should have mentioned specifically that I tried as binary in my initial post).

- April