cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Installation Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SAP Netweaver. My developers need to build a J2EE application and deploy to Netweaver Application Server. The application has nothing related to SAP applications.

I'm very confused about all the installation types. I also read that I need to install Solution Manager. I will be installing Netweaver with SQL Server 2008 on Windows 2008.

1. Do I need to install Solution Manager for this kind of installation?

2. In case I need Solution Manager, will I install it and Netweaver on the same server?

I will appreciate if someone helped me planning the installation phase, what to install.

Thanks in advance.

Haim Beyhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you look at this

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/611f0764-0901-0010-b9ba-a57e3acce8a5 [original link is broken]]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Brief your question.

The application has nothing related to SAP applications - for what purpose it will be used?

For any installation based on SAP Netweaver 2004s ( netweaver application server ABAP or JAVA) you need SOLUTION MANAGER KEY which will be generated in SOlution manager system.

1. Do I need to install Solution Manager for this kind of installation?

Yes - If you are planning to install any SAP Netweaver application server (based on Netweaver 2004s) you need to have solution manager

2. In case I need Solution Manager, will I install it and Netweaver on the same server?

yes - You can install on the same server, provided you should have hardware resource for both systems

note: Both are independent systems

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're developing Java based applications (ear's) and our purpose is to deploy on Netweaver.

I don't really know what ABAP is. I understand that I need Java AS.

Regarding Solution manager Key, once I get the key can I remove the solution manager and install Netweaver only? Will I need Solution Manager later? Will AS need existance of Solution manager in order to work?

Thanks,

Haim Beyhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution manager is now the bridge between your systems and the SAP.

Apart from the key generation, you will need it to dwonload the patches for your netweaver.

So is the solution manager necessary:Yes.

However key generation during the installation of netweaver, you may decide to make further use of its functionalities.The installed system can still be functional.However , stuff like support packs, kernels etc all the solman.You can get more information from the help.sap.com

Thanks,

Prasanna

Edited by: Prasanna K on Jun 12, 2009 8:33 AM