cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of company codes not set as productive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am auditing a production SAP system and 5 company codes in the T001 table are NOT set as productive. Would you be able to tell me what is the risk/impact/result of this configuration? I know for a fact that the companies do exist and are in operating state.

Many thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One primary reason to mark them as productive is that it will prevent you from mistakenly wiping out all your data. If you have the proper security you can reset company codes which means they get blanked out and you start all over.

You need to get these marked as productive ASAP.

Pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> One primary reason to mark them as productive is that

> it will prevent you from mistakenly wiping out all

> your data. If you have the proper security you can

> reset company codes which means they get blanked out

> and you start all over.

> You need to get these marked as productive ASAP.

>

> Pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Hi

With regard to the impact of company codes not being set as productive I have a client, with non productive company codes. they are interested knowing how the deletion programs / transactions may be run.

Do they have to be manually initiated or is it an automated process.

Thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not automatic. It is done in the production start up menu in SPRO where you delete your data. It is in most modules where this can be done.

pls assign points if helpful as a way to say thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This comes really late in the thread,

but it's not such a simple case as running the programs from SPRO.

There are also further authorisation checks that will be made before resetting is allowed.

Resetting of various data eg Controlling, AR, AP masters, AA all come with different authorisation checks and will require a user with many of these profiles granted before any damage can be done, eg auth to execute the program based on prog attributes, and functional authorisations (which aren't normally given to the powerful Basis people).

(of course from the point of control, that is not a valid defence should the company code be left in the non productive state.)

P2

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply Dave! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Martin