Sales Organization

Distribution Channel

Division

Material

WBS Element

Document currency

Controlling Area

Profit Center

My question is if i add a filed "Business Area" to the existing info structure (S901) will there be any data inconsistency?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you already have the profit center (from the VBRP table I guess) in the infotable, why adding the business area, which is logically placed at the same level, should produce any inconsistency?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number of characteristics is limited to 9 (16 altogether and 7 are always taken by the standard SAP fields), so I don't think you'll be able to add anything to this structure anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Document currency is not a real characteristic, so I guess he will be fine with the 9 characteristics limit.

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes because you are changing the infiostructure and adding new characteristics.When you do this you will have to delete the data in the active version in Production system.And then update the new infostructure again with the old documents.Depending on the old data it may take more than a day and requires system outage as well.

Thanks

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Sure you have to recalculate the infostructure when you change it's structure, but is it really an inconsistency ?

BTW for this kind of structural changes, IMHO it is better to create a new infostructure.

When the new infostructure is calculated and validated, then you can safely delete the old one.

Therefore no "outage" needs to happen, only a change in the name of the infotable.

Regards,

Franck