cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some tasks in central administration don't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a solman 7.0 Ehp1 SP19 installed. we have configured the central administration in our solman to check our sap systems health. For some reason, in some of them, when we click on the transaction button to "jump" to the satellite system, we have the following error message :

Call of SM50 is not possible: Server unknown.

We have this message for the following tasks:

Checking Server Workprocess Status on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

Checking User Activities on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

Checking the System Log on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

Memory Management - Checking Pages In/Pages Out on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

Memory Management - Checking Unused Main Memory on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

Monitoring File Systems on <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>

In fact, it's for all the tasks where the system name appears in the title (in our example : <server>_<SID>_<sys_number>)

For all the other checks, it is OK.

What is really strange, is that if I create a user defined task with the same transactions than the ones not working it does work.

To configure the central administration tasks, we have just clicked on the "load default frequencies" button. I did not define instance specifique tasks. What is really strange is that the same tasks work on a 4.6C system, but not on an ECC6 nor an SCM 5.0.

In addition to that, we have defined an CEN in solman to monitor the sap systems. It is working great for the 4.6C system, but I have nothing on neither the ECC6 nor the SCM 5.0 ... Even the default thresholds defined in the respective RZ20 of the satellite systems are not shown in solution manager DSWP when I try to set it up.

Both RFC destination READ and TRUSTED on all systems are working fine.

Any help would be really appreciated .

Rgds

Y.

Edited by: Youssef ANEGAY on Jun 11, 2009 3:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved ... i had to redefine the servers in SMSY.