cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional system roles in SOLAR01/SOLAR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible by customizing or something else, to have more than the Dev/Qas/Prod system roles selectible in SOLAR01 and SOLAR02 ?

I have logical components where there are other types of systems, and I would like to use them in my Blueprint/Configuration.

Thanks.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Try this:

Transaction SMSY --> Click System Groups & Logical Components --> Drill down to find your product (e.g SAP ECC) & select it --> Click the Button 'Change System Roles'

Here you have options to define a role with a freely defined name. To test I created a "Pre-Production" System and it worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know about adding additional system roles in a logical components, in fact I have already added some. The problem is that in SOLAR01 / SOLAR02, when I go in the first menu -> System role, I can only select Development System, Quality Assurance System, and Production System.

What I would like is to be able to select other system roles in this menu, so that they can be used in the SOLAR01 / SOLAR02 transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto SMSY

Goto Project Landscape

select your project

now you see your logical components for your project, in here you can add via system role assigment other system roles like evaluations, demo, sap referecen etc... if you want more than available here, click on "Systm Roles" in the System Role Assigment and you can add your customer Roles

once you did that, this will be visible in solar02 / system-role

Edited by: Nesimi Buelbuel on Jun 12, 2009 10:51 AM

Edited by: Nesimi Buelbuel on Jun 12, 2009 10:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that does the trick !

Answers (0)