cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MM-SUS procurement cycle without ASN possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SRM guru:

Is it possible to run MM-SUS procurement cycle without ASN? if yes, can you give something advice on how to acheive it by customizing?

Thanks in advance

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

so your business requires only in SUS for viewing PO and send a Purchase order acknowlegement and receiving Gr Notification?

You can configure via Confirmation Control key whatever you want to achieve right?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, muthu

Thank you for the rely.

The confirmation control key can suppress ASN, but in such case, once you do GR against PO in ERP system, the GR will not be seen in SUS, needless to say to perform billing against the GR by the supplier via SUS.

The reason why my customer does not want ASN in MM-SUS is that: MM-SUS does not support creating One ASN for several POs. If this issue can be solved, then the customer will follow ASN.

so the customer thinks the ASN in SUS is not flexible enough, thus not feasible.

Best regards

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you explore in DESADV idoc message type in ECC system . It is possible to have one ASN for more than POs.

Akash:- do you have any thoughts ? .

i have worked with some third party supplier system we do create one ASN for more than one POs.In SUS also possible?

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

I'm not very sure on that! Its been a long time since I had worked on SUS scenario. I do not have a full fledged SUS system to confirm the ASN part either!

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

To answer to your question on multiple POs in an ASN (for Message Type DESADV), yes it is possible. Message Type DESADV supports multiple POs in a single ASN!

Cheers,

Akash.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Akash!!

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, muthu and akash

Thank you for your reply!

but my customer just can not find a way to combine multiple POs for an ASN in MM-SUS screen. because the ASN is created within each PO, that is, the ASN can only be created for the PO.

There is no "ASN creation" button in the PO list which allows you to select several POs in the list for creating an ASN.

Could you please explain from a menu/path processing viewpoint instead of Message type.

Best regards

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

Please contact him for SUS supports /Queries as mentioned in the SAP Note 700350

Dr. Dirk Schirrmeister

SAP Consulting Deutschland

PU Purchasing Solutions/ SRM

SAP Deutschland AG & Co. KG

Hasso-Plattner-Ring 7

69190 Walldorf

E-mail: dirk.schirrmeister at sap.com

SAP Note 700350 - Supplier Enablement: Deployment

Scenarios integrating SUS

You can use this function to create, edit, and send advanced shipping notifications (ASN) in Supplier Self-Services (SUS).

Integration

This function is only relevant for the Plan-Driven Procurement with Supplier Integration business scenario.

When you create an ASN in SUS and send it to the purchaser, an inbound delivery is automatically created in Materials Management (MM).

Features

Create ASNs

You can create ASNs on the basis of a purchase order. -> here I could not see plural of Purchase order. so you may be correct but our MM system accepts in One ASN for different Purchase orders .It could be via EDI 856 ASN.

The document control settings in the purchase order determine whether or not you can create an ASN for an item. Purchasers use these document control settings to specify which follow-on documents they expect. The SUS system copies all of the items for which a purchaser expects a confirmation from the purchase order to the ASN

Br

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, muthu

I will contact Dirk for help.

George

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George

I am sorry i could not confirm by ASN screens which you requested.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Muthu

You already helped a lot, i appreciate it very much!

George