Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partial cancellation

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

For canclling goods issue for deliveries, and cancelling billing document, why partial cancellation is not allowed? Is it due to the system procedure or ...? U know, customer always are not willing to hear "system standard configuration".

Pls advise. Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems to me that your client contradicts itself - if they've closed the books on May, how would they expect such "partial cancellation" to be posted? Even if it was allowed, it would have to post (-1) ton in May, which has already been closed.

I still think this should be handled the same way as any inventory discrepancies. For example, if they ran an inventory in the warehouse and found something missing, what would they do? They would write it off in the current month, right? Why the same can't be done here?

Anyway, this is really more of an MM/FI question.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

Based on the above discussion my client want in a delivery documnet one line item quantity to be reversed not the entire delivery

suppose we have 5 line items in delivery he wants the 4th line item to be revered in vlo9 how this is possible

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us assume one billing document have three line items and if you want to cancel only one particular line item, it is quite possible in VF11. But what about the preceding document which you cannot cancel partially in VL09 ??

That is why it is always safe if there is need to reverse partial goods, it is better to cancel the entire billing document and reverse the PGI

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Yes, I agree on that. However, the customer think partial cancellation would help a lot.

As Lakshmipathi mentions, we assume partial cancellation of billing document works. If partial reversing goods issue are available, what would happen? That's what the customer want, especially for cross-month reverse goods issue. U know, we cannot post back to last month goods issue again.

For e.g., goods issue for a delivery is posted on May 30. On June 3, the customer found wrong delivery qty was entered in the delivery due to typing error. If billing document has not been created, reverse goods issue & post again. The customer prefer the correct qty to be posted on May 30 because they do deliver the correct qty on that date.

So, the customer's request is kind of reasonable for me. If the system cannot meet their request, I'd like to provide an acceptable explanation.

Any suggetions?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand what happened exactly... Did you deliver the goods to the customer? Did you deliver more or less than was ordered? What happened with the invoice?

If there is simply an inventory discrepancy in the warehouse, this should be handled by an internal goods movement / inventory adjustment, I believe.

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's say a simple example .

On May 30 - outside the sytem: deliver 10 ton to the customer

in the system: post goods issue for the outbound delivery (11 ton)

On June 3 - found 11 ton in the delivery was wrongly entered in the system (not creating billing doc)

Customer's request: reverse 1 ton in June while keep 10 ton post in May when performing VL09

Comments: Due to May closing, 10 ton cannot be posted back to May. It seems that 10 ton is delivered in June, i.e. the stock seems to be deducted in June. But the customer want it to be in May. U know, it's actually delivered in May.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can convince your Customer for a Change Management, and you can always use the Invoice Correction request (doc. type RK) which is primarily used for any discripancy in Quantity or value of material billed to Customer.

Regards

Amitesh

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never heard anyone request a "partial cancellation" of a billing document. This would, essentially, mean a change in the billing document, which qouldn't make much sense and may actually be illegal in some cases. Imagine that you've sent an invoice to the customer and then partially cancelled it. You would end up with 2 documents with the same number but completely different information.

Cancellations should seldom occur to begin with.