cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation SAP GUI + Bex Tools - wrong version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Everytime I want to start the BI 7.0 version of Bex Query Designer (it's almost thesame with report designer and WAD) I get the following failure message

"Component Bex Query Designer available version 227 - version 229 required. before ... you have to run front end setup."

????????

I did this several times ... did I miss something? Is there a special update procedure for these Bex tools, an elaborated ritual? That's no fun anymore.

Please help!!

Best regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

OSS note 931146 called "naming alignment" states you need to use FE Patch 7 only with netweaver 2004s service pack sp7. That could be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

I guess this was the reason why the Bex environment wouldn't work. With installing SPS7 you seem to NEED the Patches 700_7 (and 640_23), otherwise the Bex tools won't work no more.

regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I have the same problem.

And i want to know that these patches that you mentioned, Patches 700_7 (and 640_23), it to be aplied in the server or in a pc??

Thanks in advance

Inge Eichhorns

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of today, the latest patches are available:

bw350_9-10001615.exe

Bw700SP07P_2-10001615.exe

gui640_19-10001615.exe

setup640_23-10001615.exe

Make sure you have these applied. Also, the minimum frontend requirements for any backend support pack are available in table: RSFRONTENDINIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

In continuation for BI 7.0

For BI 7.0 Bex you also need to apply HotFix,please check the path mentioned below to download the required latest.

http://service.sap.com/swdc -> SAP Software Distribution Center ->

Download -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Frontend Components ->

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS -> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 6.40 -> SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

6.40 -> Win32 -> SAP Netweaver 2004s BI AddOn Patch (bw700_7-10001615).

After having the BI 7.0 FEP07 patch, you must apply the recent hotfix

(Bw700SP07P_2-10001615.exe) and check if problem persists.

Hope it Helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inge,

please go to SAP Marketplace, section BI.

There you WILL find the latest installation package for the new GUI to be installed on your PC.

If you have already installed GUI640 You can use the installation package for the GUI7 and the new Bex-tools.

I really recommend to go this way, so you will have the latest stable release and no trouble with release versions whatsoever.

Toiotitoi !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

Unfortunatly, I couldn found Sap GUI 700 in SAP Market Place - only 6.40 , probably due to my login account/ Could anyone tell s- how to obtain it in another way ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, we are using SAPGUI 6.40 for SAP NetWeaver 2004s. SAPGUI 6.40 has a BI Addon for the frontend components. This BI Addon needs to be installed for SAPGUI 6.40...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk, it's finally works!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are trying to determine the best way to roll out the new 7.0 front end tools. We are doing a technical upgrade to 2004s first, and later converting all the objects. Initially we plan to have both the 3.5 and 7.0 front end tools both residing on users' pcs, until we convert all objects to 04s.

Does anyone have a recommendation for rolling out the new tools to users, with out the risk of having them accidentally convert objects when they open queries (we have been told that if you open a query in the new tools, it automatically converts the objects). We need to prevent this from happening until we are ready to convert all the objects.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Former Member
0 Kudos

User reporting security and naming conventions to prevent or allow creation or conversion of objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk

To make sure it works, you should make sure that:

1) When you installed the SAP GUI, you have checked the BI option (in addition to the BW option)

2) Install the latest front end patch (BI patch 7) from SAP Marketplace

3) I highly recommand to also install the BI SP07 patch for the server - it adds lots of stability for the front end

It works pretty well for us, I am sure you will also eventually make it work

Good luck - let me know how it goes when you have a chance

Ioan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loan,

I was so sure that I already had the latest patches that it just wasn't possible that this could be it. Such a lot of patcheses and stuff, I really get craysee, or am I already...

[patch 700 (=level 23) - comes after - patch 700_2 (l=evel 22) was the installed one.]

Thank you very much indeed!

regards

Dirk