Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynPro Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Im very new to WebDynPro Abap,

I want to call the function module without help of service call , how can i do this one

Thanks & Regards

Sankar .M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re: WebDynPro Abap

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 5:39 AM in response to: ManoSankar Edit Reply

Hi,

you can do onething first create context nodes for import and export paramrters of FM,

then read the context finally you can use the nodes for import and export directly.

eg: 1.create a FM which will take empid and export name and salary

2. create a attribute emp_id in the context type char5

3.create a node with name node_details under this create name and salary attributes

4.now read the context fill emp_id

5.read context for node_detals

6.pass the emp_id as exporting parameter in the FM and ls_node_detals... as import

i think you can able to get result with this.

Thanks,

Shaik.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do onething first create context nodes for import and export paramrters of FM,

then read the context finally you can use the nodes for import and export directly.

eg: 1.create a FM which will take empid and export name and salary

2. create a attribute emp_id in the context type char5

Thanks,

Shaik.

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you would do from 'any' other development object like report, other function module, bsp, subroutine, method, etc. etc.

There are several controllers in WebDynpro in which you can add some coding like the component controller. This is the 'main' controller, in which you can program your calls to the 'backend' system. Like for example during start of your webdynpro application method wd_doinit is called. In this method you can add some coding to provide some default values or whatever.

But when you should call your particular fm depends on requirement. What should it do? Do some validations, retrieve data from database or...? But in general, in the controllers is where you should put your code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wrote my codes on onaction event of the button , but it is not working fine that means it ll some dump like Parameter 'Name' not found

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Post part of your coding and part of the short dump from transaction ST22 please.

former_member230839
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you explain what is service call..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service call is nothing but it is used to call the function module with the help of some wizard ,see while we are going to call the function module from webdynpro , we just right click on the webdynpro componenet and make the service call .