cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are configuring E2E RCA setup on solution manager 7.0 ehp1.Here we are facing coulple of issues mentioned below.

1. I have installed SMD agent on managed system,CRM and BI (Its running fine) do i need to install any other agent or service like ISagent etc in managed system.

2.As SOLMAN EHP1 onwards we need to perform whole configuration on tcode solman_setup and here i have configured SMD for solution manager itself.But when i am trying to configure it for other managed system they are not visible to me so is there any other config required to do this.

3.While configuring managed system i can see two parts for BI, ABAP and Java so which one i need to select.

Any config guide will be really help full.

Thanks

Suveer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Here's some ideas based on my experience with having just done this:

1) Just installing the SMD Agent is sufficient. The Wily Introscope installation is done as part of running SOLMAN_SETUP provided you have already installed Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager on your Managing System.

2) Check your setup in SMSY. SOLMAN_SETUP seems to rely on the data in SMSY a lot. If the systems are not setup in SMSY, I do not think you'll see them in SOLMAN_SETUP.

3) If this is for a ABAP + JAVA Add-In system, selecting your ABAP system is sufficient. That way, SOLMAN_SETUP will take you through the ABAP connection setup. Just be sure to complete all JAVA related steps during the configuration. You can also go through the wizard for both systems if you want.

Cheers, Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the helpful answer.

But while checking Java system nthing is available.If icheck SMSY its perfect or else generally we get error that technican system is nt well defind.

For All java part i am getting below screen or Blank screen for change/trace/workload analysis could you please guide.

Variables for E2E Summary View (MPEH)

E2E CV PPMS ID Variable

E2E Installation Number Variable 0020315159

E2E SID Variable SB1

E2E Metric Type Variable(multiple values) SERVLETS

WEB DYNPRO APPLICATI

JCO CALLS

SQL STATEMENTS

InfoProvider 0SMD_PE2H

0SMD_PERH

E2E MI P PPMS ID Variable (Multiple Single Values) 01200314690800000134

E2E P PV PPMS ID Variable (Multiple Single Values) 01200615320900001250

E2E MI MI PPMS ID Variable (Multiple Single Values) 2

• Execute

*Check

Thanks

Suveer

0 Kudos

Hi we have the same issue. Were you able to get this resolved. Points will be awarded.

\

Thanks Steve Lambermont

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have solved it. Its due to improper activation of BI cubes in BI system/client.Please check again.

Also below steps may be useful.

Call transaction RSA1 for the BI (or transaction RSORBCT) and choose "BI Content".

- Choose the grouping "In Dataflow Before and Aftrwds".

- Select the InfoCube (CUBE) 0SMD_VCA1.

- Transfer and install the data.

This will install all objects required.

Points if it works

thanks

Suveer