cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

don't let go of focus on a cell in matrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a matrix bounded to a certain user - table. I'd like to know how I could make the matrix to act just like the matrix in A/R invoice. Meaning, when the user is on the first cell, I don't want to let the user to go to another column until he inserts a valid value. (in A/R invoice, I can't go to Quantity, unless I write an ItemID). I've tried: oEdit.Active = true, but it seems that the application is doing many actions and it blocks.

And also, if you could give me some hints on how I should program the events on the matrix so it can act just like the A/R invoice matrix.

Thanks so much,

Irina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try to catch the lost focus event of the cell and if the value is not good do a click on the same cell to bring the focus back there

if you need sample code let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood, but I can't seem to capture the et_LOST_FOCUS event on that column in the matrix (BeforeAction= true). Instead I tried to do that in the et_VALIDATE event, but after I verify the the edit field hasn'a a value, I set the oEdit.Active=true, it seems to reenter the et_VALIDATE method. Do you have idea why?

Pls send me a sample code also.

Thanks,

Irina

Answers (0)