cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Location does not exist in Model" while creating transportation lane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying out SNP for the first time and so please forgive me if my question is not very smart.

I have tried to find the answer in the forum but am unable to locate a similar question.

I am trying to create Transportation lanes for the network that I am trying to model in SNP.

Till now I have created the following,

1) Locations

2) Product-Locations

3) Resources

When i am trying to create Transportation lanes, and i enter the following,

Model Name - "000"

Start Location - "Start location"

Destination Location - "Destination location",

I get an error saying "Location does not exist in Model".

Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

Edited by: crash21 on Jun 11, 2009 12:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crash21,

Locations in SCM are master data. Before you can create a transportation lane, you first have to create the start location and the end location.

In SCM, a location can represent a plant, a warehouse, a shipping point, a customer, and more. Usually, these data items are copied across from the attached Online Transaction Processing System, which is usually some version of SAP ERP. It is also possible to create locations manually in SCM.

I don't know where you intend to go on your journey, so I will just give you the short answer. Create the locations first. If you want to create them manually, use /SAPAPO/LOC3. If you intend to mirror data from the ERP, then ensure the locations of interests exist in an active Integration model. You can search Integration models within ERP using CFM5. You can create a new model using CFM1, and you can activate it manually using CFM2.

Asking questions is ALWAYS smart. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please confirm whether your query is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crash21,

Even if you delete location and recreating it, you will face the same problem. Please check on the following.

1) Time zone is maintained under both start and dest locations

2) Check whether location type is maintained correctly

3) Check business system group is attached to locations

4) Check calendar is attached to both the locations

5) Check country code is assigned to both locations

6) Check both locations are assigned to active model.

Please confirm your findings.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you created location directly in SCM-APO, donot forget to assign it to model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,Nitin,

I have created the locations directly in SAP APO using /SAPAPO/LOC3 code (i am working on a demo system and R/3 integration is not currently available)

All locations have been assigned to planning version 000.

Still when i am going to /SAPAPO/TL1 screen i am not able to get the locations from the F4 selection box.

None of the locations that i created are showing up.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crash21,

Sounds like the locations are not actually created. Can you see them in /SAPAPO/LOC3? Have you given them an address and a time zone? Or, more importantly, do they have a latitude and longitude?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Thanks for taking time to help me.

I am able to each of the locations under /SAPAPO/LOC3.

I am able to edit each of them and each of them is assigned to Version 000.

For the address i have just put in the country, as i was told that should be enough.

Someone here is telling me to delete the locations and then re-create them, does that sound like a good idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you assign (at the 1st Screen 'Assign Model') the location to the model '000'?... When you are creating a product manually in APO, you have to assign it to model...it is not automatic, like when transfered from ECC

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jun 11, 2009 3:42 PM

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jun 11, 2009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends i was making a rookie mistake.

I was not assigning the model correctly to the Locations (when i said i was assigning the model earlier i was actually doing something else).

Thanks everyone for replying, i shall be back soon with more questions as and when i encounter them.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crash21,

If you are anything like me, it will be the first of many mistakes. Hang in there, it will begin to make sense after a while.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil, yes, my query is resolved.

DB, Thanks for your encouragement.

I know this is going to be a less than easy road to travel on, but one needs to carry on.

Regards,