cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the advantage of intergration HPQ center with Solman?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adavantage of intergration HPQC with SM??

Regards,

Swaroop

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Testing Inefficiencies,

Any change to your solution landscape requires testing to ensure software quality and minimize business and IT risk. But since so many testing tasks require manual effort, quality assurance

teams find themselves pressed for time. To stay on schedule, teams must often

either delay the release or skip critical tests. Either option results in higher

cost and a riskier quality process.

Better for Both Quality Managers and Product Managers

SAP has developed an adapter that integrates the SAP® Solution Manager application

management solution and the SAP Quality Center application by HP, used

for software testing. This allows you to transfer your business blueprint structure

and related documents, specifications, business requirements, links, and

test objects such as transactions, implementation guide activities, or custom

programs.

Basically it also helps to integrate test projects using service desk of SAP Solution

Manager and the defect management of SAP Quality Center makes test

execution faster and more transparent. therefore proj. mgrs benefits in a way that they get better transparency and updates of their tests within projects.

The result is an integrated testing environment, as shown in the figure below, helping you

reduce the time and cost of deploying new software and upgrades.

Higher Quality, Less Cost,Reduced Risk

Integration between the tools lets testing teams work in their familiar environments.

Because information for one application is made visible in the other,

your IT staff doesnu2019t have to master separate testing tools, and you have a

far more efficient testing process that improves software quality and reliability.

Testing is standardized and integrated projectwide, and information is consolidated

in a single view to support informed release decisions. The efficiency

you gain can reduce costs and, more importantly, help minimize the risk of

outages and other problems caused by poor testing.

cheers,

sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seet-

This is a good question that was asked. I am a big fan & supporter of Solution Manager, but I still find myself asking the question "So What?" when the concept of this adapter is explained to me.

I'm still struggling to grasp hold of the tangible, practicle value of having this stuff move over into Solution Manager. Thanks for pasting this info in, however, maybe some more practical examples would help us understand the true value of maintaining this data in both tools.

I might be missing something here, but every time I explain the strategy behind this adapter (which is exactly what was posted here) I get the question: "So What" by both clients and program managers. The trouble is, these are the folks who pull the trigger to procure this adapter.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the same experience, or if someone can provide me value-add examples outside marketing materials.