cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standby_file_management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have added a datafile in production system and monitored a backup which was succesful. But the backup didnot get succeded on Disaster Recovery (Stand by) System. It ended up in an error. We have to add the datafile manually.

We have oracle 10g and sap 4.6c.

When i checked the profile standby_file_management it is manual. Should it be set to " Auto".

Please give more inputs on this. Is it specific to oracle version because previously as per my knowledge we didn't get this error when we were in oracle 9i.

Please provide us any SAP note reference number suggesting the parameter to set to -"AUTO".

Many thanks in advance,

Nike S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT enables or disables automatic standby file management. When automatic standby file management is enabled, operating system file additions and deletions on the primary database are replicated on the standby database.

Please note that we need to add this parameter in the physical standby database init<sid>.ora file. Set the STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT = AUTO.

Last week I have successfully implemented Data Guard in Oracle 10g with the above parameter, everything is working perfect.

Regards,

Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be AUTO.Check on Primary server

SQL> Show parameter standby_file_management;

If it is not then set

SQL> alter system set standby_file_management='AUTO';

Thnx

SurendraJain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the premission of the folder where the datafile will be saved.

Thanks

Presu