cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC1 - Transport Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gurus, My functional consultant tried to tranport some stuff through SCC1 t-code but now has this error occured in the screen. I also have tried to run the RSTPTEST report and it says error opening RFC connection. I dont know how to resolve this problem. Can someone guide me through step by step to resolve this problem.

Could not start transport control program TP

Message No. TP608 Diagnosis

There was an attempt to start the transport control program tp using the local RFC interface. An error occured here.

Error Code 3

RFC error text : error opening an RFC connection.

Meaning of the error codes

03 RFC system failure

04 RFC communication failure

System Responce

The function terminates. Details about the error can be found in the trace file of the Gateway Monitor(SMGW)

Prodecure

Contact your system administrator or use report RSTPTEST to localize the error. You can then execute the command again.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try the following steps:

STMS -> Go to overview -> System

Extras -> Reset User TMSADM and Generate RFC Destinations

and then check if error is still there.

Thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There would be six ABAP RFCs of these types pls check all of them are working or not.

TMSADM@<SID>.DOMAIN_<SID>

TMSSUP@<SID>.DOMAIN_<SID>

And if these are not working then you can try out the option provided above to regenrate all these automatically.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I've logged into domain controller which is DEV and go to STMS screen.then i clicked in configuration>check>Tranport routes and Check Request Consistency; And No error found it says. I also dont know how to check in SM59. What do i need to check in SM59 for RFC connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there might be permission problems at the OS level in /usr/sap/tarns/log. use " chmod " and try giving required permissions

and check /usr/sap/trans size

cheers,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if you can execute SMGW tcode

error can be due to gateway service is down or tp problem

check if ant firewall is stopping Tp

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there might be permission problems at the OS level in /usr/sap/tarns/log. use " chmod " and try giving required permissions

check /usr/sap/trans size

cheers,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the RFC connections and security settings and try to check the RFC connections.

it seems u r Systems RFC connections are not working fine.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you have some problem with the TMS configuration. Did you check user TMSADM and RFCs TMSADM* does exists in your system. Check RFC via SM59