Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xl to txt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

this is a simple qusetion here

how to convert the .xl sheet to .txt file without getting tab as a delimitor in between columns in text file.

is it possible to put some blank places before some text(not the numbers) in a fild like

_____xxxxx before saving it as a text file that means when i save the .xl as .txt it should save with the blanck places before the text in the file in stead of tab

plase can anyone let me know how to do this

Thanks in advanse

Naveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

TRY OUT WITH THE FOLLOWING CODES AND GO THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINKS

String sDirectory;

SetNull(sDirectory);

dw_BackLogGrid.ImportFile(sDirectory);

after running the report click on print and then check the print to file option. after saving the file can be opened by pressing shift button and right clicking on the file and choosing open with and then excel

http://www.excel-vba.com/microsoft-excel-text-formulas.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Just use spacebar to create blank spaces in front of the text & then save the xl as txt file.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu can use save as option, but i doubt if you can save without separated by tabs.

YOu can save it as csv file.

For accepting spaces in front of the numbers, you can select the column and use format cells option.

Choose 'character'

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

it is not the problem with the numbers it is problem with the text. I know how to do it with numbers but it is not getting in the same with the text

for no.s v have to go with

format-> cells-> number-> custom option v can change the numbers as the way v want

but what about the text

please can anyone let me know

thanks alot

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

TRY OUT WITH THE FOLLOWING CODES AND GO THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINKS

String sDirectory;

SetNull(sDirectory);

dw_BackLogGrid.ImportFile(sDirectory);

after running the report click on print and then check the print to file option. after saving the file can be opened by pressing shift button and right clicking on the file and choosing open with and then excel

http://www.excel-vba.com/microsoft-excel-text-formulas.htm

THANKS

MRUTYUN