cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sold To Party and Message Processor on a Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 questions on here regarding Service Desk.

I have set a BP as Sold To Party in tcode BP and maintain its address. In IB52 transaction I already set the respective BP as sold party to all satellite system. Somehow when I create the message, and open the created message from service desk, the Sold To party field is still blank. What did I miss here ?

Second, with PFAC_RESPO I've assigned an users as default support team for based on message component. But this setting only for set the default Support Team in the message, not the message processor. How do I set the default message processor ?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

you need to verify the access sequence is correct in the partner function in procedure

for this you go in the partner profile of your business transaction type (I guess SLFN)

and with the magnifying glass of the partner function 00000001 check the access sequence is 0018

if it still doesn't work check the different parameters there and come back with the info

I hope it helps

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks, it works for sold to party and message reporter.

But not for support team & message processor, what access sequence do you use ? Thanks.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is depending on what you want to set-up (every company has his own strategy)

in big company you want to assign the support team only and let the agents pick-up message for their team, in smaller you might want to assign the processor also

if you want to assign support team based in IBASE component you need to continue like you need

but you need to add the SLFN0003 in your IBASE profile

1. For doing this you need to go in CRM customizing by following this path

Master data

Installed base

Assign partner determination procedure

go and check the line for the IBASE category 01, in standard should be 0000032, you need to define your own profile (keeping the standard like it is)

2. Go now in partner profile change follwoing this path

Basic function

Partner processing

Define partner determination procedure ZIBASEXX (name you want) by copy of 000032

Add the support team SLFN0003

3. and go back to change the IBASE category 01 changing 0000032 into ZIBASEXX

that's it !

If you want to let the processor depend on IBASE, you can do the same or usually you define your own action for this

I hope it helps

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation,

What I want to have is assign the support team/message creator based on SAP Component specify in created message. I've done this set up in PFAC_RESPO transaction.

And then I can see function "Message Creator" and "Support Team" exist in SLFN0001 (Message Header), so I would like to retrieve the value from what I've set in PFAC_RESPO. I'm wondering what access sequence for this condition...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the rule 13200137 is perfectly working for SAP component. Is this the one you are trying to use ?

br

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I use that one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you are almost there.

The rule 13200137 should be copied into a 9* in order to allow you to assign the processor to component (exact copy)

You just need to copy the action that does the support team assignment (in standard action SLFN0001_STANDARD_FIND_PARTNER in profile SLFN0001) and change the processing parameter PARTNER_FCT from SFLN0003 into SFLN0004

the rest you did already for the support team

that's it.

Feel free to ask

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry I forgot to mention , in the copy you shoud also replace the rule by the 9* one

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Xavier, I confuse with this :

"The rule 13200137 should be copied into a 9* in order to allow you to assign the processor to component (exact copy)" . Coz when I use button copy it doesn't provide the new number to be put, only object abbreviation and I got error prefix number missing.

Can you describe in more detail. Thanks alot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is correct

The system will provide you the number , but you need first to give the Z* name for the copied function linked to the new rule but I guess you need developper right to do this

you will be prompted

create object directory entry

R3TR PDAC 9xxxxx ==> in fact the new number

save it and it will be there

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Have tried that, the Z* name but the system give an error "prefix number missing entry"..stuck in that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

if you have developer right I don't see where is the problem

Could you send me a snapshot and I will send you mine to compare.

br,Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Can I just keep using the rule 13200137 instead, coz I already customed it ( assign person per SAP Component) and it seems fine to use it.

I've set the access sequence of message processor and support team as "empty" for this purpose. The problem is that message processor doesn't show up when the message with relevant SAP component being created.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to use the same partner id for the support team function and processor function you need to use an action that will make an action that will copy one partner into the other one. This is working fine (we have it operational in our company)

if you want to set different partners with the same rule it wont work with one signle rule.

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Havier,

I'm a bit confuse now.

OK, I use a partner contains 2 support team for different SAP Component message. So from your explanation this should be fine. All set here right.

Now I still didn't find any solution why neither support team and message creator appear in my messages. Can you provide the suggest solution on this ? Thanks.

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this assignement is technically done via your action calling this rule and setting up the partner function you gave in the action parameters

you need to go in the log file to see if the action is scheduled. Go in the action tab in edit mode and click on the big manuscript icon

1 if no why is this action not called/scheduled (maybe linked to the wrong partner function or...)

check the schedule condition

2 if yes, which parameters is given to this action and what is the error message

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Finally the message creator shows up. I set the action parameter PARTNER_FCT to SLFN0004. With this setting, the message header only shows message creator and no support team.

I wondering since if I can show both of them since PARTNER_FCT can only be set with 1 value in one time.

Second thing, in IB52, Goto-Partner, if I drop down the function field value, the list given only a few partner function, not all of them, do you have any idea where I can add the other partner function to the list?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Edited by: sketcher on Jun 12, 2009 8:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Happy to read this is now (partially) solved.

I did check the code of the SAP function CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1 used by the action SLFN0001_FIND_PARTNER and indeed there is only one value in the parameter PARTNER_FCT you can pass.

You can very easily add a second partner PARTNER_FCT2 as parameter by copying this function. A skilled programmer should do this in less than one hour

don't forget to close the thread if you are happy

br Xavier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ensure in the IB52, menu path GOTO -> PARTNER

(select the IBASE relevent), and make sure SOLD TO PARTY has been filled in.

cheers,

SH