Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gurus,

I have one doubt.

When I delete one request which has been updated to data target and the QM status is green from ODS, what the difference between "deletion with Green QM Status" and "deletion with Red QM Status(if I change it to red)"?

I deleted some requests with Green QM Status before I have this concern. Will there be any harm? Thanks.

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jenny,

as you can delete the requests, it's no harm.

if you are loading via psa, you can go to tab 'reconstruction' and select the request and 'insert/reconstruct' to have them back.

request in ods cannot be deleted if updated to data target already.

hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

It is important to make the request Red and then delete when for example you will need to repeat this delta load from the source system. If you delete the green request then you will not get these delta records from the source system.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all.

Bhanu,

I do not think I understand you. I am deleting the green request. I will delete the data in this request from ODS. Then why cannot I get delta records from the source system? Could you please say some more? Appreciate.

Jenny

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

In simple words, when the request is green, the source system gets the message that the data sent was loaded successfully, so the next time the load (delta) is triggered, new records are sent.

If for some reason you need to repeat the same delta load from the source, then making the request red sends the message that the load was not successful, so do not discard these delta records. The same records are then extracted into BW in the next requested delta load.

Hope this helps...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jenny,

if you are loading the data with delta capability (from r/3), where you init first then schedule 'delta' periodic, then you may have problem like Bhanu said. you cannot repeat delta since source system will recognize last delta already successfully upload to bw. normally delta queue in r/3 will keep until the next upload successfully performed in bw.

since you are talking several requests, i think you are talking about flat file upload with 'full update' where there is no harm since no deal with 'delta'.

hope it's clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A.H.P,

Yeah, your assumption is correct. They are full update.

I understand now. Thanks.

Jenny