cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I'm trying to update the data into the Cube i'm getting the short dump as 'No more storage space available for the extending an internal table'.

"Runtime error TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED".

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hi,

Why are you all speaking about tablespaces ?

There are no tablespaces on SQL Server and the short dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

is about RAM memory. It is absolutely not database problem.

An internal table is too big to fill in extended memory. After allocating the quota in the heap, the short dump is triggered to protect the system : it is better to interrupt one program than to crash the whole system.

Usually, to solve this kind of memory short dump you have to change the variant to process less data at once. If it is a specific program, the solutiuon is often to correct the source code.

When this is standard SAP code, it is often difficult to correct if you cannot change the variant...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's fine..But how to check the tables/critical tables from SAP t-code if my database is sql server??In oracle/db2 we check it from db02.What for sql??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, sql server does n't have tablespaces concept.

They have only files i.e datafiles.

please look at this

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/25/1a47363d088e7be10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

What is your database and it's version ? You may need to extend the tablespace I guess

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's correct..How to extend the tablespace for sql server 2005??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the tablespaces in DB02.

You can extend the tablespaces using MSSQL Enterprise Manager.

This info is widely available, please do some research before posting.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess sql database dont have Table space concepts to store the data, may be some containers will stores the data.

please have a look on the below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/mss

there u can find complete guides for the SQL server to administrate your database.

and TSV* runtime error relates to some Memorey parameters issue, you can find good OSS notes related to the same in SMP.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is you database and BW version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL Server 2005 & BI 7.0.

One more thing how to check the tablespace from t-code of SAP for sql server 2005??