cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disclaimer Page to be displayed once the user logs on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want a disclaimer page to be displayed once the user enters the UID and PWD. If the user clicks on the I agree button it should take the user to the normal homepage. If the user clicks on I disagree button then the user should be logged off.

Can anyone help me with this please.

Thanks

Avik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create one users group called "FirstTimeUsers".

2. Everytime when u create a user either from your WebDynpro code or from Portal make sure you assign him to this group.

3. Now create an WebDynpro application with agreement text and agree, disagree buttons. And embed this application as ivew in the portal.

4. Create a seperate framework page and portal desktop for these first time users. And assign this ivew to that framework page.

5. Create the rule as system admin like "If logged in users from this "FirstTimeUsers" then the corresponding portal desktop should be displayed".

6. When user clicks on agree button then remove that user from this "FirstTimeUsers" group and logff the current session and redirect him to the login page.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Any coding stuff that you have got for this one which can help me.

Thanks

Avik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

I dont have any coding stuff. But all the steps i mentioned above are very well possible and we did this earlier. Its a good approach.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Charan's approach for this case is much better than the one suggested by me.

Regards,

ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed. But I don't have any idea how to call the log on /log off module from the WD Application.

Any links or code help PLZ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use: WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(String URL);

Go through the below threads:

/thread/63826 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

AVIK,

Can you plz try following approach:

a) Create iView for PAR files related to logon page and logoff page

b) note down PCD locations of the 2 iViews

c) Based on Charan's guidance, create WD app.

d) On click of Discalimer agreed button, using WDPortalNaviagtion.navigateAbsolute--INPLACE of current page invoke the iView by passing PCD location of iView

Regards,

ganga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement, follow the steps:

a) copy .........login.par from the server

b) In the code identify the code snippet which gets executed, once user keys in the authentication details and cliks submit

c) Once the authentication is complete, introduce new HTML page which has Disclaimer content.

d) If user clicks Yes, then allow the navigation to Portal Home

e) Else, you can modify the code snippet which says "User credentials are wrong..Please try once again" to include one more case of user not accepting disclaimer.

regards,

ganga