Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pl......Awarding points ---- :(

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been noticing, there’re lot of folks on SDN, which Don’t Award the points even after getting required information. It’s really making me knut. I mean if somebody’s answering some question and it’s related. One should at least award some points.

Come on guys encourage the guys who is giving you answer from there precious time and helping you out.

It’s also about points.

Thanks

Saquib Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Second you Saquib...

Please award points and close this thread..:P..

Jokes apart, as a part of forum etiquette, every who poses a quetion has a minimum resposibility to award points to helpful answers.

I humbly request everybody to stick to the forum etiquette and reward helpful posts, as it is the only way you can say thanks to those who have helped you..

Regards,

Ravi

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I award you points Ravi

Thanks for your valuable input!!!

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Saquib/Ravi,

Pl take a look at this in the SDN Discussions forum. May be you can post your suggestions on how to improve the points system.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I can understand the frustration that when some one doesn't care to tell you whether or not your answer has helped them and of course the biggest thing is leaving the thread open.

However, I also need to point that quite a few people who answer the questions are taking advantage of people who are generous in giving points. I have see quite a few posts where the same answers is being repeated even after hours, why do we have do that. The ultimate aim is to help the person who have posted the question, right? So, what is the point in repeating the same answers after hours. I can understand within span of five minutes if the same answer is posted.

The other thing is to copy and paste answers from other peoples posts and not even giving credit to them. There is no harm in just referring the user to that thread.

There should also be some amount of discipline in people who are answering as well.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I too agree with you. There are few situations, where the people never turn back again if the problem solved.

I have one more suggestion, can't we request to post the solution also, if a problem solved by their own, so that a few repetetive questions can also be stopped.

sailesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do agree with you. After 30 odd replies, i got my first points. However, i suggest you not to consider these minute things. You can always help out people.

I do agree with Ravi too. People shouldnt misuse the forum.

Regards,

Tanveer.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It’s really making me mad! I have seen lot of guys after getting the answer they are not rewarding the points at all.

Come on if answer is related, give at least 2 points. Don’t discourage the peoples who are answering you by taking out their prestigious time.

It’s really making me feel I should stop answer questions on SDN. :@

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saquib seems to be really behind points. Help the people, don't think about points, they will come with out your screams. If u r really here for points and not for sharing your knowledge this is not the only place. Some people may miss out giving points, but you are going to get the points. Otherwise how some people are getting more than 10k points?

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I’m not but it’s really make me mad when you help some body it doesn’t even say you thanks or award points. I’m here to share my knowledge. There are not giving me some "World cup" after completing certain points

Well its one way to say “Thanks Bro! You help me “and if I even see Thanks in reply. Who dam care about points

Sharing is a good thing to do!! but not in all things

Enjoy & help!!!!!!!

"Knowledge comes but wisdom lingers!!"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saquib,

Chill man.

Points will come...

But i agree with u..

A person comes up with 20 questions in 21 posts, get all the replies (probably 100s of them) and doesnt even bother to say thanks.. Giving points is a different questions..

the questioner promises to SDN to give points when raising a question but doesnt care after getting the reply..

Thats bad man..

Regards,

Tanveer.