cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Schema based form in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have existing webdynpro which is having an interactive form view. The form is XML schema based.

I want to create the same webdynpro with different data structure and different interactive form.

Do i need to create the form with XML schema or do i need to do that from Webdynpro side which will generate the XML Schema automatically.

Can you please help.

Nik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nikhil ,

whenever u create interactive forms from WD , XML schema is generated automatically ,

just u need to provide the template source and interface name , and bind with the appropriate context node , to have attributes in the data view of the layout .

regards ,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks amit,

Its a helpful comment. Now lets go ahead.

As you said when i have to pass the template & interface name. From where i will get the template & interface name.

The process i am doing is I created a structure in SAP, added it in the view context of WD, created insert an element interactive form & passed that context node(structure) to the datasource. I think till this point i am correct.

Now the next step is templatesource property of WD element(interactive form).

When i click on the f4 on it, it asks for the form name. I also created a form in SFP which asks me the interface that to of XML schema based interface file, which i dont have any. Do i have to create xml schema too?

I really dont know What to do for templatesource field to get the form in? Do i need some template some where, if then where and how to create it?

Regards,

Nik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The whole scenario is as below:-

Client already using 2 interactive forms in WD.

I have to create a new form same as the above one with change in 2 fields. and then i have to add it in my new WD view.

As new to Adobe forms & WD, i copied the existing adobe form, and removed 2 fields from it. But i want 2 extra feilds which are in my structure. As i copied the old form in my new one it also copied the same interface. Now to put the new structure i also need to change the interface.

As the old forms interface shows some XML SChema based interface that to is non editable. I have no idea how to put my structure in the interface. I also cant change the old interface as another form is using it, So i have to create a new XML schema based interface for which i dont have any XML file.

Hope i explaind the whole problem . Can you please suggest me something on this.

Regards,

Nik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

0 Kudos

can you help me with the steps how you did it. Similar type of requirement I have in my case.

Appreciate!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nikhil ,

firstly create a context node with all the required attributes in ur layout , under the node ADOBE.

create a yet another context attribute of type xstring that wud hold the generated pdf .

now bind ur UI elemnts 'pdf source ' property with this context attibute of type xstring .

in order to create a adobe form , provide any name , u want , it will prompt u for the interface name of the form , when u double click on the template source name u provided .

click on the context tab there and bind it with the node node ADOBE whose child node holds the context attributes , u want in ur form .

a form which uses XML schema wud be generated .

now , in the properties tab of the of ur form , give the layout tab as 'ZCi' , now proceed as disccussed in the earlier discussion .

I hope it wud help u .

regards ,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

It as a really a good help for me to understand the process of creation of form from Webdynpro.

Let me explain you the problem in detail:-

There is an webdynpro application where 7 forms are added using differents views for each form (created through webdynpro) with different interfaces. That means in all the forms i found XML Schema based interface.

One for the forms view for surround frame form ZFORM1 (using a structure ZSTR1 of 20 fields in the interface ZINT1 is there)

An adobe form Developer created a new form ZFORM2 by copying this ZFORM1. That means ZFORM2 is also using the same interface ZINT1 (we can also say same structure ZSTR1 ).

No view was created to use this form.

Now before creating the view & add it in the WD aplication, for this ZFORM2 Client want to delete 2

fields & 2 new fields for this form ZFORM2.

I created a new structure ZSTR2 ( as per the fields required) Now i am thinking of to create a new form ZFORM2 using this structure ZSTR2 in the context of my new View .This will create a new interface ZINT2 (XML schema based)

But this is a very time consuming process as the form ZFORM2 created by the developer earlier has so many java scripting code. he took 2 months to develop it. and i dont have that much time.

I am sure there must be some other way to fix this problem.

Can anyone give me the proper solution .

Cheers,

Nik