cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Mobile Webdynpro applciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to Mobile Webdynpro, I want to develop sample mobile webdynpro applciation. Could anybody please guide me how to proceed?and also please provide step by step procedure to develop Mobile WD.

Regards

Suresh B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

To be able to run a Web Dynpro java like a Mobile Web Dynpro Online on the Blackberry emulator (i mean the browser), you need the following:

1) To have installed jdk-1_5 on the PC

2) To have installed BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.4.exe (this version worked for me) It is the MDS server needed to run the webdynpro on the browser.

3) to have installed BlackBerry_Simulators_4.2.2.123_8830-USCC.exe (the emulator itself) or something like this. This version worked for me.

After that you need to run 1) the MDS server and 2) to run the emulator and on the browser you need to put the URL to run the web dynpro java application

Regards

Investiga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response, for me I have downloaded the softwares as

1) BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.2.17

2) BlackBerry_Simulators_4.7.0.75_9530-Verizon

3) Jdk 1.6

Do I need to provide any configurations?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can also check this out :

http://www.blackberry.com/DevMediaLibrary/view.do?name=SAPonBlackBerry

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

I have already gone through that link. My problem got solved thanks for your cooperation. I am able to connect internet, I have tested with google.com it is working fine but I am unable to connect to my portal server, It is giving me an error "503: Service Unavialable error". What are the configurations we need to provide?

Regards

Suresh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can build sample "Mobile Webdynpro Applications " just by going to the

1. Window Tab->Open Perspective->Mobile Applications for Laptops(For Laptop Applications)in NWDS

2. Window Tab->Open Perspective->Mobile Handled Perspective (for PDA Applications)in NWDS

These are used to build offline mobile webdynpro applications .

The MI perspective which your referring to is just for Backward Compatibilty of the applications from MI.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Thanks for the response. I did not find the persepctives you have mentioned in this forum, could you please tell me how to get those?. And also can you please tell me do you have any idea about simuators?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Once you have installed the Netweaver Developer Studio , you need to apply the plugins of OCA for having the Mobile Handled Perspective to be visible in your IDE.

Yes i do have an idea about the simulators.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Ok could you please tell me how to work on simulators, here I have downloaed simulators for blakberry and MDS. I am unable to connect internet from that simulator, could you please tell me what are the configurations required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suresh,

You have downloaded the right stuff for the online applications.

The configurations may be different for your network... Just try changing it from URL to your IP address or vice versa...And try again.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

I have downloaded the software from links provided a wiki. I just tested with google.com but it is not working. Here is the wiki link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/mobileWebDynpro-Alwaysconnected+client

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is one more link on how to create simple service order application.You can just follow this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8f/0b674240449c60e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

REgards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

Thanks for the response. Could you please tell what are the prerequistes to start Mobile Webdynpro for Java. In our studio we have a perspective MI perspective could you please guide me how to start?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by mobilewebdynpro for java .. mobile handheld perspective ?

If you have already installed IDE from NWDS site , you just need to condigure few more plugins with it.

This might help you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/b6/0f5c4a07cd4bcdb58598760cb27766/frameset.htm

Once all the plugins are copied as specified above, you just need to go to window->open perspective->java...and u are there...

Regards,

Lakshmi

ambika_kv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

WebDynpro perspective is sufficient to develope Mobile Webdynpro Online applications.

Just create a sample webdynpro applicatio and add sap-wd-client=PieClient parameter to the URL.

MI perspective is for developing offline applications.

Regards

Ambika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for the info. We need to test it in mobile whether it is working or not, for that i ahve dowloaded blackberry simulator and MDS service but I am failed to connect internet from the simulator. Could you please tell me how to test my sample app in mobile.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

What type of an application are you building ?

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

I am new to Mobile Webdynpro. I have started sample webdynpro application and I want to test it in mobile for that I have downloaded simulators and I am failed to connect to my applciation, do you have any idea about simulators to test our applications?

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

check below link for sample application

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60bac0a0-bbed-2a10-a58e-efdf832a...

Regards,

Kanagaraj.