Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in Billing Exchange rate(VBRP-KURSK) w.r.t OB08

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm facing the issue with the exchange rate (VBRP-KURSK) .I know this is the Document currency for Price determination which depends on the setting of TVCPFLP-PFKUR in copy control. Right?

My requirement is that the exchange rate should be based of service rendered data; hence I have configured PricingExchRate type with value "F" thru VTFA. Unfortunately, still I'm noticing that ExchRate(VBRP-KURSK) in Invoice is mot identical with the exchange rate what we have in OB08.

I really donu2019t have any idea from where this exchange rate is picking or calculating? Is there any configure settings or checks which hampers us to catch a same exchange rate what we are anticipating w.r.t OB08?

For Ex: ExchRate in OB08 4,33620 where as ExchRate in Invoice is 4,33651,However somewhat both are really close up-to 3 decimals but still why both are not tying-up precisely?

Any help would be highly respected!

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I think in OB08,multiple entries are maintained for your currency.

Check the validity date.

The system will pickup the first one with in the validity.So please maintain your required entry as the first one.

Is it appearing correctly in Sales order?If it is then it should also come in invoice.

Regards,

Krishna.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yep, I have checked the OB08 entries. There is no conflict in Dates. It looks OK. And yes Exchange rate in SO also looks incorrect. Actually What I'm seeing that in OB08 there are all entries is in whole decimal number at 5th place whereas in Invoice and SO there it is in fractions. Is there any possibility for formula or checks for Exchange rate has been placed in Configuration? Or is any other way to figure out this difference w.r.t Invoice and OB08?

Cheers!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

My suggestion is check the accounting exchange rate type....Usually we use "M" .

Now as pointed out earlier the system uses different exchange rates in billing....

VBRK-KURRF- Accountin exchange rate (This will be used for transfer to accounting)

VBRK-KURST( Exchange rate type)

VBRP-KURSK- Exchange rate for pricing and statistics

Please check the values of these exchange rates in your billing document.

Then pick the service rendered date or the condition pricing date (note take this from the condition detail screen at item level) from the billing document depending on your settings in copy control.

Once you have the validity date and the exchange rate type and the Document currency ...got to OB08

to find the exchange rate.Please make sure that when you search in OB08 you enter corrrect from and to currency...

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Vikas

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Luck.

I'm still looking for suggestions.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In normal circumstances, system will consider OB08 only and it is surprising that a different exchange rate is flowing in your case.

In copy control, please try with maintaining "G" instead of "F" for the field Pricing Type.

Also go to Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movements --> India --> Basic Settings --> Maintain Company Code Settings.

There select your company code and drag the mouse to right side so that there will be two tabs, "ExRate Type and Export exchange". It should have been M and C respectively.

Not sure, this will solve your issue, but you can make an attempt.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi ,

Thanks for your response.

In copy control I've already "G" instead of "F" for the field Pricing Type.

And, we donu2019t have any company code which maintain for India. Actually itu2019s a issue for Poland (nevertheless its issue for most of the company codes).

Any other Hint Please!

Cheers

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Three exchange rates you can find in billing document. They are

1) VBRP-KURSK = Document currency for Price determination which depends on the setting of TVCPFLP-PFKUR in copy control

2) VBRK-KURRF = Document currency for FI postings. If you input manually in sale order field VBKD-KURRF, it is copied to above table / field. Otherwise, this will be determined during invoice generation

3) KOMV-KKURS = this is for local currency at Price condition level which will be determined based on pricing date."

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes thats right.And i Believe I,ve already done this correct thru VTFA.

>

>I know this is the Document currency for Price determination which depends on the setting of TVCPFLP-PFKUR in copy control. Right?

>

> My requirement is that the exchange rate should be based of service rendered data; hence I have configured PricingExchRate type with value "F" thru VTFA.

So is there any other possibility for this dissimilarity in Exch Rates?

Edit: Top!