cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting : rebuilding SimpleReport application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to rebuild the SimpleReport application from scratch, to see all the different steps.

The tutorial is here, as well as the sample code :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9ddf91ce-0201-0010-3a86-9f4...

Unfortunately, after uploading the sample code in our NW2004 SP14 Enterprise Portal and following the tutorial, nothing is visible. I imported the par file in NW Dev studio SP14, but the structure of the project is really odd.

What I would be happy to know, is how do you develop a reporting component from scratch in the visual studio?

What I have done is : File -> New -> Portal Application -> create Portal Application project, name z.test.report

This way, a folder structure is generated.

File -> New -> Other -> Repository Framework 7.1.5 -> Repository Manager Wizard, rep manager name Reports, rep manager package z.test.reports, prefix SimpleReport, generation directory Eclipse Projetc z.test.report.

A new structure src.config is created, under install -> data -> cm -> repository_managers, there is a file SimpleReport.xml. I adjusted some of the properties there, to match the sample project.

In the package src.api, there is now ReportsRepositoryManager.java file. I copy pasted the code from the tutorial, adjusting the class name & setting the proper imports.

Build the project, and uploaded it into the portal. In KM configuration, under repository managers, a new entry exists z.test.report.SimpleRepositoryManager, which is obviously not what I wanted. After undeploying the par & restarting, I can't get rid of it. So second question is how to get rid of this manager?

Thanks for all the help,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kevin,

For creating this simple report.,what u have to do is just unzip the file and go to file->import->par select the par file of this simple report,add the necessary jar files and deploy it to the server.Do all configuration as mentioned in the url u had mentioned.

Also if u want to import a new one there is no need to uninstall the existing par.,just create a new project and deploy u will be getting a new report.

Also this example doesn't create any new Repository Managers as u mentioned..

Hope it helps..,

Regards,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks both of you for the usefull help.

I rebuilt the SimpleReport with NW Developer Studio SP16. The report is uploaded & configured in our portal.

When running the report on folder /documents, I get following errror :

Can't find bundle for base name com.sap.km.reporting.SimpleReport, locale en_US

Here additional info on this can be found :

Thanks again, I really apreciate it.

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to create a report instance or a reporting manager? For report instance, just create a new portal Application Project and use the structure provided with SimpleReport. On deployment, the report instance will be registered with the existing Reporting Manager called "reporting".

To look at the report instance, go to "Repository Managers", select mode as advanced and look for "reports" within the related links area.

KM Reports are created a portal service as in SimpleReport. So after creating the portal project, select to create a new portal object and select a portal service.

Regards,

Kumar