Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Reporting : rebuilding SimpleReport application

Hi all,

I'm trying to rebuild the SimpleReport application from scratch, to see all the different steps.

The tutorial is here, as well as the sample code :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9ddf91ce-0201-0010-3a86-9f4162bd348f#_header1_3

Unfortunately, after uploading the sample code in our NW2004 SP14 Enterprise Portal and following the tutorial, nothing is visible. I imported the par file in NW Dev studio SP14, but the structure of the project is really odd.

What I would be happy to know, is how do you develop a reporting component from scratch in the visual studio?

What I have done is : File -> New -> Portal Application -> create Portal Application project, name z.test.report

This way, a folder structure is generated.

File -> New -> Other -> Repository Framework 7.1.5 -> Repository Manager Wizard, rep manager name Reports, rep manager package z.test.reports, prefix SimpleReport, generation directory Eclipse Projetc z.test.report.

A new structure src.config is created, under install -> data -> cm -> repository_managers, there is a file SimpleReport.xml. I adjusted some of the properties there, to match the sample project.

In the package src.api, there is now ReportsRepositoryManager.java file. I copy pasted the code from the tutorial, adjusting the class name & setting the proper imports.

Build the project, and uploaded it into the portal. In KM configuration, under repository managers, a new entry exists z.test.report.SimpleRepositoryManager, which is obviously not what I wanted. After undeploying the par & restarting, I can't get rid of it. So second question is how to get rid of this manager?

Thanks for all the help,

Kevin

replied

hi Kevin,

For creating this simple report.,what u have to do is just unzip the file and go to file->import->par select the par file of this simple report,add the necessary jar files and deploy it to the server.Do all configuration as mentioned in the url u had mentioned.

Also if u want to import a new one there is no need to uninstall the existing par.,just create a new project and deploy u will be getting a new report.

Also this example doesn't create any new Repository Managers as u mentioned..

Hope it helps..,

Regards,

Vinoth

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question