cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoPackage Hangs when called from Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently implemented the 2LIS_04_P_ARBPL DataSource and have scheduled the execution of a Delta InfoPackage in our nightly Process Chains.

After working correctly for 2 weeks the InfoPackage has hung the last 3 nights. It is being called and when I view the process chain log it is in the yellow (in process) status. When I look in SM37 in R/3 the extractor has not been called.

All of our master data and transactional data from other areas runs prior to this extractor and works perfectly via the process chain and if I force the InfoPackage to red and re-execute manually for 2LIS_04_P_ARBPL I have no problems.

How/where should I troubleshoot this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

It could be that there too many processes running at the same time hence the request was not executed. You could set a wait time for the delta infopackage and then check.

Bye

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Goto your process chain-> Select the delta infopackage -> right click and select wait time and enter the time in seconds. You could set it to 600 secs(10 minutes).

This would be a permanent solution to your problem as you need not go to BD87 each time for your data load.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are both on the right track. Thanks for your help. In BD87 I see that the requests are in the status <i>"IDoc ready to be transferred to application"</i> and they have the error message <i>"No resources, immed. processing not possible: Too few free dialog work"</i>.

How do I set a wait time for the Delta InfoPackage and exactly what does this mean?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

You can either manually process these "stuck" IDocs, or see if you can run this Infopackage at another time when the system is not expected to be so busy.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

This could be a problem with the IDocs not being processed. You can check BD87 in R/3 to investigate.

Hope this helps...