cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while taking Backup in Oracle through BRBACKUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i m trying to take a backup (Offline or Online, the same error) of Oracle DB, Windows OS, SAP ECC 6.0 the action is terminated by the following errors. Could you pls. suggest me on this..

BR0301E SQL error -27046 at location BrInitOraCreate-5, SQL statement:

'/* BRBACKUP AT PROF_CONN */ CREATE PFILE = 'D:\oracle\EC6\10.2.0\db_1\database\

sapEC6.ora' FROM SPFILE = 'D:\oracle\EC6\10.2.0\db_1\database\spfileEC6.ora''

ORA-27046: file size is not a multiple of logical block size

OSD-04012: file size mismatch (OS 3624)

BR0303E Determination of Oracle version failed

DB is up and running, Could you pls. suggest what went wrong..

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to add one more information that i m trying to take DISK backup and we are having enough space in disk. Could you pls. suggest whats the reason for the error?

thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbarayudu,

It seems that you tried to edit spfile manually. Check SAP Note 917293 - BR*Tools fail with ORA-27046 at BrInitOraCreate-3

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for ur suggestion.. Yesterday i have shutdown my DB and tried the command create spfile from pfile as peer the note which u specified..(I think we can create spfile from pfile only when the DB is shutdown or should we create it in NOMOUNT stage??)

and when i started the DB and trying to take backup i m facing the same issue. Actually one of my colleague may have changed some thing in init<DBSID>.ora, as he is not available i m not aware to take his input, is there any way to find out what has he changed??

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems your pfile & spfile both are not in sink(same). May be your colleague changed few parameters in pfile directly & not in spfile.

You can do 1 thing here.Take backup of both the files & create pfile from spfile & try.

Let me know incase of any problem

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Did u mean to take a backup of SPFILE<SID>.ORA and init<SID>.ora and delete from the original path?????..

If i delete both the files will Create spfile from pfile work???

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. I didnt tell to delete those files. Just take backup ( Copy & paste) & try that command.

Thanks

Sushil