cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom navigation service - 2 questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made a custom navigation service based on the PDK navigation connector example.

It comes in two flavours, both XML data and database data based.

The DB variant is far more flexible, however, when the service is loaded, the JNDI name for the datasource cannot be retrieved.

Question 1: Could this be the custom navigation service is loaded before the JNDI/JDBC service is loaded, and if so, is there a way to set the startup order?

The XML variant needs maintanance (updating the XML), and therefore refreshing/restarting the service.

However, when restarting the service, the new XML isn't loaded into the server, but it seems to use the old (cached?) version.

Question 2: Is there a way to force the service to use the updated XML file?

Hope someone can come up with a solution for either of these questions.

A workable solution will be rewarded with a can of beer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

(1) If your service calls to another service, you must do the call in the afterInit() method, because you do not know what service will be initialized first.

(2) Are you using SP14 or greater? In this cache, there is a navigation cache, and the nodes will come from the navigation cache, which will not change.

(3) How and when do you read the XML? Perhaps the XML is not getting read in subsequent registrations.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

We are on SP14. I will look into the navigation cache asap, since this seems to be one of the causes to our problem.

I'm not sure about the calls in the afterInit() method, but as soon as I have my hands on my development environment mondy I'll let you know.

BTW, I noticed the radiobuttons for assigning points have vanished somehow.... How to get them back, so I am able to reward point?

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the points system is up and running again.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one with an answer?

The beer with your name on it is still cold ;o)