Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DCs

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two DCs : DataDC and UserDC

I have to read the Value Nodes in the Custom Controller of DataDC from UserDC. That is...I have to get data from the DataDC and display it in the UserDC.

I have created the <b>DataDC</b>, created a <b>DataComponent</b>, added the context:

<b>Node1</b>
      |-ProductName
      |-ProductID
      |-OrderStatus

I read in one of the messages that I have to add data to be exposed in the Interface controller, and so I created a Value Node there and mapped it to <b>Node1</b>(in the custom controller).

I have added the <b>DataComponent</b> to the PublicPart and called it <b>PPDataComp</b>

Created the second DC: <b>UserDC</b>

In the used DCs of UserDC, I added <b>PPDataComp</b>

Created a component in the <b>UserDC</b>: <b>UserComponent</b>

Now, from the info in one of the forums

if you come down to the step by step explanation by Maksim, it says "<i>8) Add used Component for "Component2"(in my case it would be <b>UserComponent</b>). Click "browse..." and select Component1(<b>DataComponent</b>), specify name (Comp1UC).</i>"

The problem is that when I click browse, I see only the component of the current UserDC, and not the DataDC. What else should I do to get the DataComponent controller?

Forgive me for the loong explanation

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Did you build DataDC?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vln

currently, I do not have the setup of JDI ready...So i have created the two DCs locally. Im trying to use the context of DataDC's component controller in my UserDC. I followed the steps but it does not work. is it only possible if I have these two DCs in the JDI?

Maksim: The step by step explanation is very clear. Thanks so much for it...but I'm having slight difficulty in making the 1st component appear in the 2nd component.

and yes..I have done the build of DataDC.

Thanks

Manoj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup..worked now...i had to go to the Development Configuration perspective, navigate to my local dcs and make a build and deploy it there. Previously i was doing a build on the project in the webdynpro perspective.

thanks

manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj

you have done all the steps correctly. The way out now may be to resync your component i.e the used DC ( probably the Data DC is not synced properly with its PP, also release its activity.).

If it does not solve the problem, remove and add the used DC after freshly connecting to your JDI again ( may be JDI has timed out!). I too have faced such problems quite often.

hope it helps......

regards

vln