cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key figure value change_No Trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In planning book, we have a key figure i.e. production forecast which is multiplacation of production days and quantity/day. Both are manual enrty input fields( # of days and qty) and every month once forecast freezed , no one goes in planning book and change it.

Problem is - production forecast numbers changed after some time, how? dont know because there is no change log.

1 - Is there anyway to see planning book change logs?

2- Why key figure values are changing automatically ?

3- How to stop it/monitor it.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Please check whether you can explore the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE to customise to your requirement.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to understand, import and export parameters of BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE and how to implement it? I am planning to save KYF changes of planning book into ZTable so that I can write a SAP query? In case if this approach does not work, create BAdI macro is the last option(I think..).

I tried to understand input and output through BAdI documents, couldn't understand. can you help me how to implement it?

Parameter Type Meaning/Value/from Table

IV_PAREAID Importing .....................................?

IS_WRITE_OPTIONS Importing .....................................?

IT_SELECTION Importing .....................................?

IT_PLOB_VALUES Importing .....................................?

IT_COLS Importing .....................................?

CT_LINES Changing .....................................?

CT_TAB Changing .....................................?

There is no export parameter? What will be the logic flow to write functional specs? Is there any alternative solution to capture planning book's KYF changes.

BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_SAVE is relevent for manual changes tracking in interactive planning. Is there any way to track changes either in background demand planning process or happened by any other means.

Thanks

I am trying to use BAdI /sapapo/advx....and able to capture old and new values of key figures in Z table. But sometimes it works for one planning book view not for others? Any idea...?

Edited by: SKUMAR78 on Jul 20, 2009 5:20 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,Senthil,

Have you found any solution for this. Because i am also facing the issue and i have the same requirement.

Could you please let me know if you find any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I do not have any document to share with you on this. There is no SAP standard available to fulfil your requirement directly. I am sure customisation is required to achieve this.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use macro ROW_VALUES_CHANGED() and VALUE_OF_ROW_CHANGED(). Both them give row number alert monitor which was changed not new value of key figure in that row.As well as sometime it doesnt update table /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT.

I was able to insert multiple rows and columns in macro but /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT updated for one field Key Figure 1 even row number looks wierd.

What I am trying to achieve is : to generate alerts in alert monitor which will have details like New Value, old value of key figure/keyfigures, user name, date and time.

I didnt find much information in forum postings.

I do appreciate your help

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

1) Is there anyway to see planning book change logs?

There are 3 options for you to choose.

a) Refer SAP note 1308968

b) Another way is to try creating a copy of key figure (under tracking) and then tracking the delta changes made later on using your own customised exit macro.

c) Create your own customised database alert which will display user id, date, time, qty and other parameters of change in planning book

2) Why key figure values are changing automatically ?

Various circumstances under which a Key figure values changes if there is any user added entries, some background job, some macro, some transactions, etc.,

3) How to stop it/monitor it.

By selecting periodical back ups of key figure data so that we can always compare with old data. Authorisations for users for operating planning book, Proper training to end users. For Golden key figures, it is always advisable to lock the values so that further changes cannot be done.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil. I am trying to map solution 1a. I created SDP alert profile (SDP - Database Macro Alerts).To get the alerts in AMON1 , I need to write macros.

In macro or alter monitor, do I need to give some threshold value of key figure? To me, it seems like whenever key figure value will threshold value then macro will trigger alert. If it is correct, how its gonna work because we can not define threshold value.

Your all suggestions match with issues and I will explore the solution Probabilities in them. I am trying figure out how to do it with help of SAP help document.Is there any other source of help to do it in better way? Do you have any document about it which you can share?

Many Thanks.

Kumar