cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

define the attributes for data archiving object's variant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When defining a variant for a archiving object, there is a button called "attributes".

Clicking that bitton will lead me to the screen where we can select some fields.

I do not know how to leavrage the function here to improve the variant. help.sap.com does not have any coverage on these field either.

Could you help me understand it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

The main advantage you could leverage from the attributes with respect to archiving variants is the dynamic date calculation feature. This helps avoid creating variants everytime for the ongoing archiving runs.

Here is an example scenario:

Consider you want to archive material documents which are older than say 2 years. And you want to schedule a job which runs every month. But you dont want to create a new archive variant every month. In this case you could make use of the dynamic date calculation feature. In the attribute screen there will be a field for date, in our example of material documents, it is the posting date. for this field, you can tick the selection variable check box and select the 'Selection variable' , then you can choose the variable as Dynamic date calculation with value 'Current value +/- ??? days'. In our case we can choose -730 days (for 2 years). then you save and come back to the main screen for the variant, you can see that the posting date will have an automatic value of current date - 730 days. So when you want to run the archive next time after a month, you can use the same variant and the posting date would be automatically calculated based on the current date.

We do have documentation on this is help.sap.com. And the above example is just one scenario, for detailed use of attributes, please refer to the following link:

Link:[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c0/980389e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos