cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSourcing 4.2 RFx Invite e-mail template issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Occassionally, the e-mail template used for RFx invites gets corrupted. By that, I mean the text gets all bunched up with no new-line characters ignored.

I have a template saved in Word which is perfectly formatted. However, when I cut-and-paste this into the template in eSourcing, the minute I save it, the text gets bunched up again!

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a solution - other than upgrading as SAP recommended?

Thanks,

Dapo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

james_wojnicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dapo,

I have seen this issue before but in the opposite direction. By this I mean extra carraige returns are added. As I recall the bug was hitting the save button then hitting save again when you exit the mail message template. After the first save the text gets modified then you save it in the modified format.

What you can do is copy your text to the E-Sourcing system then only save when leaving the mail message template. After leaving the mail message template back in and check the text should look the way you entered it. This same problem exists for Script Definitions and can be very annoying.

Regards,

James

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try copying text between esourcing/wordpad, this should help.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried both things and no luck! Very frustrating as there's no indication of what could be causing it. SAP says my only option is to upgrade - but it's not a consistent problem... I've been able to save it formatted correctly in the past - I just don't remember the exact sequence of steps I took to accomplish that!

Any other ideas are welcomed.

Thanks.