cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support customers accepting only products mfg'd in certain countries

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all -- what is/are the standard approaches for dealing with this requirement?

We are a global manufacturer and a given material could be manufactured in several different countries. Certain customers will accept only products manufactured in certain companies (for example, the customer would accept a product manufactured in the US and the UK, but not in Mexico). What SAP functionality could we use to accomplish this?

I believe batch determination? Are there other possible ways to handle this?

Thank-you!

Allison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not very sure, however you may try Customer- Material Information record where you can maintain the Plant(option is available for one plant only). The other thought which came in my mind is to use an Exit which compare the Materials Plant of origin and Cutomer Country/ region.

Hope this will help you.

Wait for other experts comment also.

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you could use the LISTING functionality in SAP.

i have not tried adding the BATCH field in the access sequence, but i guess this is possible; however, you should look at how this field will be accessed so that you could properly set the access sequence. so for a certain customer, he may order only a specific material and batch, for a validity period.

if you are amenable to different material numbers for the same finished good but by different manufacturers, this would be simpler. you could also consider customer material info records to support this approach.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Jun 11, 2009 11:32 AM