cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one view all scheduled reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am scheduling 12 reports to run monthly. I don't find any view in which to see all of my scheduled reports, in order to verify success (or failure) of last instance run, to delete or modify a report's schedule, etc.

I also see no such "I am scheduled" indication or view on individual reports.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ron,

There are a couple of ways to see the schedule, here is one:

When you log into BusObjects and list the folder contents, you should see an icon underneath the report entry titled "History" -- click on it. If the report has no schedule(s) applied to it, then the default response is the words "There are no historical instances.". If there is a schedule on this report, then by clicking on "History", the next screen will list the report(s) and underneath Status is the word "Recurring". Click on "Recurring" and the next screen will give the particulars on the schedule.

And, using the SDK you can find out more of the reports that have a schedule of all the reports throughout your system.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks John,

Does it mean that if we have a 1000 reports(which is not feasible to click on them to check one by one if they are scheduled), then the best way is to use SDK?

We want to have the ability to let any users go to one page/or click a link in webi and the page would show all of that user's scheduled reports in one single list where they can view and edit the report's schedule.. I wonder if that is possible to achieve.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member

Hi Randy,

To add to John's response, you would be able to get the list of all schedules, through the

1. Instance manager. Log on to CMC and go to instance manager to see all your report schedules.

2. You can always navigate to a reports history to view its instances.

3. Run the below query in the Query Builder (AdminTools) application to get the list of schedules

SELECT SI_ID,SI_NAME,SI_PARENTID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_INSTANCE=1

The above query would bring you 1000 results of all the report instances in the CMS database, irrespective of the kind of the report.

You can fine tune your query as per your requirement if you need to get the instances of particular report. Below is the query to get instances for a particular report

SELECT SI_ID,SI_NAME FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_PARENTID=<ReportId for which you need to get the instances> AND SI_INSTANCE=1

4. By using BusinessObjects SDKs. For working with BO SDKs, you would need to be familiar with the 3rd option above as through the code you would be executing similar queries to CMS database to get the results in your application.

Regarding your query 'We want to have the ability to let any users go to one page/or click a link in webi and the page would show all of that user's scheduled reports in one single list where they can view and edit the report's schedule.. I wonder if that is possible to achieve'

This is surely possible using the BusinessObjects sdks. For more queries regarding it, you would probably have to post your questions in the java sdks space. Below is the link for the same.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/java-sdk

Thanks,

Prithvi

Answers (0)