cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a BAPIs that requires a commit as a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a Web Dynpro Java application which has some business objects that generate notifications in a backend R/3 system. Using JCo we simply call BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE, followed by BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE, and finally BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT all using the same connection (e.g. these are stateful calls.)

Now we need to change from using JCo to calling these BAPIs as Web Services. We have generated the deployable proxy for these but can't find a way to call them in the same "ABAP session." The ports generated in the deployable proxy are set to use HTTP Cookie based sessions but the BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT return empty results as if they are not being executed in the same ABAP session as the call to BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE.

We're running WAS Java 6.40 SP15. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same issue myself.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

According to me one solution could be that you should create on BAPI that calls all the three BAPIs that you have mentioned. You should have all the parameters required for the other three BAPIs in this consolidated BAPI. Expose this BAPI as a single web service and call it through the webdynpro program.

If need more help, reply back.

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

try to do this using JRA.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cb/072642c9dedd2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Vito

Best regards,

Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Guru. That approach would certainly work, however, for certification purposes (I've checked with our ICC rep) we must call the BAPIs directly using web services. Thanks again for your reply!